Insurance for girlfriend....

browndevil

Due to anti-discrimination laws there is a clause for "signifigant others". Meaning same sex live-in partners. The conventional live-in relationship you may not obtain coverage for a live-in boyfriend/girlfriend.
That is because only two states allow same sex marriage California and Mass. UPS did the right thing and recognized that some of our coworkers are in long term same sex relationships and offered benefits to ALL its employees.

John19841

That is because only two states allow same sex marriage California and Mass. UPS did the right thing and recognized that some of our coworkers are in long term same sex relationships and offered benefits to ALL its employees.

...right...:slap:
I'm sure they didn't do it to avoid any future legal problems or anything, it was just the right thing to do

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well lets hope some of our california upsers see this thread and get with that attorney that got them 90 million for that lunch lawsuit.

Sounds like cali might have another court case coming. Every lawsuit against ups originates in that great state.

browndevil

...right...:slap:
I'm sure they didn't do it to avoid any future legal problems or anything, it was just the right thing to do
Yes my friend the RIGHT thing. Straight, gay ... it doesn't matter All employees deserve to have and enjoy all the benefits UPS has to offer:happy2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Unless of course that you are a man and live with a woman these are benefits that you need to go and get married to share.

browndevil

Well lets hope some of our california upsers see this thread and get with that attorney that got them 90 million for that lunch lawsuit.

Sounds like cali might have another court case coming. Every lawsuit against ups originates in that great state.
Yeah Red I was a recipient of some extra unexpected cash last year. I took it and spent it in NYC:happy2:

John19841

Yes my friend the RIGHT thing. Straight, gay ... it doesn't matter All employees deserve to have and enjoy all the benefits UPS has to offer:happy2:

I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do ( i'm trying to keep my opinions to myself on these matters, but let's just say they differ slightly from yours) What I'm saying is that I highly doubt UPS did it out of the goodness of their heart because hey, it's the right thing to do.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I talked with marty frates from your area for over an hour when he was in here, that gut is a hoot. I will be looking him up to share my prescription card when i visit cali, jk of course.

browndevil

I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do ( i'm trying to keep my opinions to myself on these matters, but let's just say they differ slightly from yours) What I'm saying is that I highly doubt UPS did it out of the goodness of their heart because hey, it's the right thing to do.
I will agree with you there Ryan!:happy2:

sx2700

Banned

Why do you need to keep your opinion to yourself? The other guy made his opinion loud and clear. BTW....I agree with your opinion.

rod

Retired 22 years
So what's to keep any Tom Dick or Mary from offering a few bucks to join on someones insurance? When I retired I lost eye and dental insurance so who wants to let me get on their policy so I can get a new pair of glasses. I'll give you $50 bucks:peaceful:

browndevil

I talked with marty frates from your area for over an hour when he was in here, that gut is a hoot. I will be looking him up to share my prescription card when i visit cali, jk of course.
Oh Yeah Local 70 I know Marty Frates pretty well. I believe it was Chuck Mack who originally brought up benefits for same sex couples.
Lunch Law suit originated at Local 70 my post there was a shout out to Upstsater that I was spending my money in his State. Also keep in mind drivers had the option to opt out of the Law Suit .I however based it on my first years with the company working through my lunch because I was told I did not have time to take one and Mgmt took it out of my paid day and all the ten minute breaks I never got in 15 years. You do the math.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
ups did not do that from the goodness of their heart,they are doing this to avoid being sued,and they don't want negative attention brought up on them!!!!! what the hell is this world comming to???? guys marrying guys,women marrying women,, its all these nut case far left wing radicals who want to make new laws every day for everyones new situation!!!! I'm not a homophobic, but I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman,it's in the Bible.....marry your girlfriend like the rest of us ,show her your really commited and take her to the church or temple and prove it then your insurance problem is solved!!!! oops i mentioned bible and church i think I here the mass police knocking on my door to take me away to P.C school !!!!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
We've had our stupid family cat for 12 years now and she is due for her yearly check-up. I think I should be able to add her on to my insurance. (Makes about as much sense as insurance covering this guys girl friend):peaceful: I'm against same sex coverage also---it just opens up the gate for too much corruption. What's to keep a couple of fishing buddies from lying about being partners just to get insurance? Is someone actually going to check that these people are living on Broke Back Mountain?:wink2: