Insurance for girlfriend....

sx2700

Banned
We've had our stupid family cat for 12 years now and she is due for her yearly check-up. I think I should be able to add her on to my insurance. (Makes about as much sense as insurance covering this guys girl friend):peaceful: I'm against same sex coverage also---it just opens up the gate for too much corruption. What's to keep a couple of fishing buddies from lying about being partners just to get insurance? Is someone actually going to check that these people are living on Broke Back Mountain?:wink2:

And you wouldn't dare question it or you would be looking at a discrimination lawsuit.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've had our stupid family cat for 12 years now and she is due for her yearly check-up. I think I should be able to add her on to my insurance. (Makes about as much sense as insurance covering this guys girl friend):peaceful: I'm against same sex coverage also---it just opens up the gate for too much corruption. What's to keep a couple of fishing buddies from lying about being partners just to get insurance? Is someone actually going to check that these people are living on Broke Back Mountain?:wink2:
Insurance fraud is really a separate issue from same sex marriage. There's nothing now to keep a man and a woman from going to the courthouse and paying their $50 for a marriage certificate so that one of them can use the other's insurance. Opposing same sex unions on the grounds that we need to protect those poor old insurance companies from the massive fraud that will ensue is a little ridiculous when you really think about it. Considering that gays make up somewhere around 2% of the population, even if it does occur (and I'm sure it would, people being people and all), it will be dwarfed by the level of insurance fraud already that occurs between heterosexual couples simply because of the numbers involved. All insurance companies already keep investigators on staff and I doubt it would increase their workload much, if at all. Btw, you can already get insurance for your cat, some companies even offer it as part of their plan.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
aint it funny how that 2% can make so much noise and make the rest of the world think there are millions.

but then of course, most couples dont call the globe and daily world news before they go to the courthouse either......

d

sx2700

Banned
G. Gordon Liddy made a comment on his radio program once about gays not being normal. A caller was quick to defend gays as most certainly being normal, they are no different than anyone else. Liddy claimed that if being gay was normal then the human population would cease to exist as there would be no procreation. Caller was absolutely offended that Liddy wouldn't see things his way. I thought the whole thing was comical. No...I'm not a homophobe, I just think it is disgusting. Get back in the closet and do what ever you want, I just don't want to hear about it or see it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No...I'm not a homophobe, I just think it is disgusting. Get back in the closet and do what ever you want, I just don't want to hear about it or see it.

Heh, for someone who "not a homophobe", you sure do a good impersonation :wink2:

UPSmeoff

Thank you esteemed members of Brown Cafe. Your answers have been invaluable.

I have accepted the answer to my question as no.

Have a super evening.

Still doesn't mean i'm getting married though.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
jones

you are quick with the name calling

actually, normal persons do try and avoid those things they find disgusting. that is why you have indoor plumbing at your place, but yet no one calls you a crap-a-phobe..........

you do have indoor plumbing, right?

d

drewed

Shankman
jones

actually, normal persons do try and avoid those things they find disgusting. that is why you have indoor plumbing at your place, but yet no one calls you a crap-a-phobe..........

d

im so glad your back D and feeling better! lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
jones

d
You're assuming that homophobia isn't "normal" when in fact it's pretty common. I certainly don't think that sx2700's reaction is abnormal.
Saying that you find gay people disgusting, but you're not a homophobe is similar to saying that you find black people disgusting, but you're not a racist. I say similar because I do not think that homopobia is the same as racism, it's just an analogy.

And yes I guess you could call me a "crap-a-phobe", in fact you could probably correctly apply that term to most people, it's just not a commonly used term.

Bad Gas!

Maybe if you have filed taxes together this would be substancial for a common law health insurance benefit..If not go to Vegas, get a pre-nep, party, get married and celebrate your full family health insurance coverage!..good luck.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
the term phobia translates a fear of something.

i dont fear those that chose a homosexual lifestyle. for all practical purposes, it has no impact on me what so ever.

where that changes is when those actions impact everyone else.

case in point. bathroom stalls not far away from here in gattlinburg. because of the abnormal behavior of the radical same sex crowd, the city removed all the doors from all the public bathrooms.

now, if they were so normal, why would that be necesary? if it is really such a personal choice, why the compulsive need to put it on display all the time.

i remember a teacher of mine once said about individual rights. you have all the rights in the world, until yours begin to trample on mine.

that brings to mind one of our early flags. "dont tread on me".

d

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ok im going to come out of the closet here. I support lesbians 100% and i am now proud to consider myself a lesbian. I just need my first encounter, any volunteers?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
so, 705, those years of hormone therapy and the surgery were 100% successful? congrats! and wishing for you the best.:happy-very: go get em tiger!

d

John19841

I agree with what is sadly the more radical opinion on here. Homosexuality is not normal. Anyone who has ever hammered a nail in an old board knows that when you hit another nail, it doesn't work...it just doesn't go in :wink2:

We weren't made that way.

Anyway, I am not opposed to people being gay. If that's what they want to do, then fine. Do it, just don't bring everyone else into it. When the hell dd the phrase "life isn't fair" become "life is perfectly equal for everyone no matter what they've done, and no one gets upset, and of course, we're always politically correct?" My gripe goes beyond just homosexuals (criminals, immigrants, etc) But seriously, marriage has always been between a man and a woman. It's the very definition of the word, You want to create a new way to be joined, by all means go for it, but at least create your own darn word.

I guess what I just don;t really understand is this. They claim they want equal rights. Or rather, they claim they want to be treated the same as everyone else. Do not these people realize that everyone who is different then the norm. gets made fun of? Be it deformed, fat, dumb, lazy, color, ethnicity, etc. whatever, just different from the majority, they all get made fun of. You want to be treated the same as everyone else? Do what those who have come before you have done, and stop projecting your sexuality to the world! Keep your mouths shut, stop acting feminine, and act like everyone else. That's the secret. That's the key. Live your life in the closet. If no one knows, then no one can discriminate.

I'm done my rant, but I just want to ad one more thing. With the way this country is going right now, I really really wouldn't be surprised if the next big "treat me equal" campaign is from grown men who like little children. Be it child molesters or not, just those people who like very underage kids. I'm talking under 13 or so. After all, it's not their fault..."God" or whoever made them that way. They just want to be treated equal and be able to do what they are programmed to do without hate from everyone else....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i dont fear those that chose a homosexual lifestyle. for all practical purposes, it has no impact on me what so ever.

d
It is not a "choice" and it is not a "lifestyle". You are born that way.

My sister is gay. In high school, she was unable to go to the prom. She was unable to be honest with her friends and family about her sexuality. People who found out made fun of her, ridiculed her, ostracized her. She was a victim of a hate crime. Her experiences are commonplace for gay people in our society.

Why would anyone "choose" this as a "lifestyle"?

soberups

now, if they were so normal, why would that be necesary? if it is really such a personal choice, why the compulsive need to put it on display all the time.

Most gay people are no more inclined to deviant or exhibitionist behavior than straight people are. The difference is in our perception when we see it.

Our society considers it perfectly "normal" when Britney Spears or Madonna gyrate around on stage in their underwear. It is perfectly "normal" to use women as sexual objects in advertising to sell cars, beer, tools, whatever. But if we see gay people behaving in a similar manner, we get offended. There is a double standard here.

soberups

I agree with what is sadly the more radical opinion on here. Homosexuality is not normal. Anyone who has ever hammered a nail in an old board knows that when you hit another nail, it doesn't work...it just doesn't go in :wink2:
It is sad that, apparently, one must have sex in a certain way in order to be deemed "normal". I would like to think that there are more important and relevant ways to determine the worth of a human being.