Insurance/ Teamcare

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
4 years is still 3 years away from common law I believe. Get married or she gets her own insurance.

Does she work? Does her work offer insurance?

anHOURover

No brother ... Medical bills. I've never had so many bills in my life. Teamcare kills...if you never had the company plane you have no clue. Sit back and educate yourself.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
No brother ... Medical bills. I've never had so many bills in my life. Teamcare kills...if you never had the company plane you have no clue. Sit back and educate yourself.

I had a company plan, I now have TeamCare. I haven't noticed a difference between the two, although I'm certain I've paid a (literally) few bucks more under TC.

Please tell me about these bills piling up under TC that the company plan previously paid for. We've had TC for over a year and there's dozens of posters complaining they're drowning in debt because of it (which is BS anyway, considering the out-of-pocket limit) yet few want to elaborate on what TC refuses to pay for that the company plan did. And guess what? The ones that do say so are claiming that the company plan paid for things it never did. SUPRISE!

anHOURover

I had a company plan, I now have TeamCare. I haven't noticed a difference between the two, although I'm certain I've paid a (literally) few bucks more under TC.

Please tell me about these bills piling up under TC that the company plan previously paid for. We've had TC for over a year and there's dozens of posters complaining they're drowning in debt because of it (which is BS anyway, considering the out-of-pocket limit) yet few want to elaborate on what TC refuses to pay for that the company plan did. And guess what? The ones that do say so are claiming that the company plan paid for things it never did. SUPRISE!
My emergency room visits... I get a huge bill anytime someone on my plan goes... There's one to start out with!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
My emergency room visits... I get a huge bill anytime someone on my plan goes... There's one to start out with!

An emergency room is for emergencies. If you or somebody else on your plan really did have an emergency, TC waives the fee; the fee is only assessed to prevent people from habitually using emergencies rooms, given the high cost. Nearly ALL insurance plans penalize people for abusing emergency rooms -- UPS made the change to non-union company plans years ago. This change (re: penalizing those who abuse the ER) would've came to fruition even if we stayed in company plans: visits to the doctor and urgent care cost a hundred bucks or so, visits to the ER cost thousands. You can easily avoid these bills by scheduling appointments with a doctor or visiting an urgent care facility.

What other changes have you drowning in debt?

anHOURover

I never lied.. I could have 2 plans ... One comparable to company plan like we were promised and then one lousy plan which is comical when compared to what we had!

anHOURover

An emergency room is for emergencies. If you or somebody else on your plan really did have an emergency, TC waives the fee; the fee is only assessed to prevent people from habitually using emergencies rooms, given the high cost. Nearly ALL insurance plans penalize people for abusing emergency rooms -- UPS made the change to non-union company plans years ago.
False... Are you always wrong,,. I have been to the ER for an EMERGENCY... Sent home 6 hours later and billed 20%!! THATS A CRIME! FACT

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
False... Are you always wrong,,. I have been to the ER for an EMERGENCY... Sent home 6 hours later and billed 20%!! THATS A CRIME! FACT

If it was a TRUE emergency, you wouldn't have been "sent home 6 hours later" (heck, around here that's the average wait time at the ER). In other words, you had the option of seeing a doctor or urgent care but you declined; since you choose an option that cost substantially more, you paid a higher price. [Unless you live in the middle of Montana or some other remote place where the ER is the only option -- at one point, TC was working to reduce fees to those individuals, but I never heard anything more about it. Not likely applicable to you anyway.]

20% is "hardly a crime" and far from "factual" given that most people pay a substantially higher co-pay to use the ER.

I never lied.. I could have 2 plans ... One comparable to company plan like we were promised and then one lousy plan which is comical when compared to what we had!

Even if the company plan had continued, there would've been changes. UPS had long whined about ER abuse, including plenty of educational materials on UPSers as well as paying hundreds in thousands in wages at PCMs to discuss when to visit/when not to visit the ER.

At the end of the day, you have a FREE health care plan that's better than 99% of the population's. That's far from comical.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A question for you upsers.... Under our old insurance. A fellow coworker was able to add his live in girlfriend and her kid to his insurance. He had to provide proof they have been living together for X amount of years. With bills etc.. Am i able to do this with our current teamcare insurance?
How do you uncover them once you dump her for being a total headcase?

anHOURover

If it was a TRUE emergency, you wouldn't have been "sent home 6 hours later" (heck, around here that's the average wait time at the ER). In other words, you had the option of seeing a doctor or urgent care but you declined; since you choose an option that cost substantially more, you paid a higher price. [Unless you live in the middle of Montana or some other remote place where the ER is the only option -- at one point, TC was working to reduce fees to those individuals, but I never heard anything more about it. Not likely applicable to you anyway.]

20% is "hardly a crime" and far from "factual" given that most people pay a substantially higher co-pay to use the ER.

Even if the company plan had continued, there would've been changes. UPS had long whined about ER abuse, including plenty of educational materials on UPSers as well as paying hundreds in thousands in wages at PCMs to discuss when to visit/when not to visit the ER.

At the end of the day, you have a FREE health care plan that's better than 99% of the population's. That's far from comical.
False.... Kidney stones is an emergency and they do send you home to pass them ... You are also wrong AGAIN on the urgent care comment... #1 urgent care is still billed 80/20. #2 urgent care does not have the medicine to treat kidney stones.... You would be sent to an ER ROOM! You are also wrong about changes in the company plan if it still continued... I HAVE THE TRUE MIRRORED PLAN.... It's the exact same as the day the teamsters TOOK OUR MONEY AND RAN.... IM DONE.. YOU LOOK VERY PATHETIC NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
False.... Kidney stones is an emergency and they do send you home to pass them ... You are also wrong AGAIN on the urgent care comment... #1 urgent care is still billed 80/20. #2 urgent care does not have the medicine to treat kidney stones.... You would be sent to an ER ROOM!

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Urgent care facilities can certainly handle kidney stones and is subject to the same co-pays under TC that it was under the company plan. Just pulling government data, the average cost to the insurance company for a visit to the ER to treat kidney stones in 2011 was $7,000, compared to less than $200 at UC. TC gives you options and you choose the highest cost option, thus you're being asked to pay more. But the IBT is paying most of the $6800 difference for your decision.

You are also wrong about changes in the company plan if it still continued... I HAVE THE TRUE MIRRORED PLAN.... It's the exact same as the day the teamsters TOOK OUR MONEY AND RAN.... IM DONE.. YOU LOOK VERY PATHETIC NOW

No, YOU look pathetic. What the friend- is "the true mirrored plan?" UPS offered the IBT a plan that included a deductible, higher co-pays and required an employee contribution. Your TC plan "mirrors" your old company plan sans a few differences. UPS had absolutely ZERO intentions of continuing to offer the plan we've enjoyed for the past several years. Get over it.