Integrating FedEx Express into Ground

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
June 2024 merger is suppose to be done,so ready or not Ground is it. Sign they are serious Express RTDs are going to be able to hire on at Freight and take their seniority with them.
The June date is just for the corporate and admin areas.

Artee

That is correct. We had two drivers a number of years ago go over to Freight. They made it within the 30 day window and were able to keep their seniority, etc...
Found out yesterday they its not a 30 day window, but one day. If you quit Express on a Tuesday, you have to start Freight on Wednesday. Another one of our guys had a week between Freight and Express and lost everything.

zeev

Found out yesterday they its not a 30 day window, but one day. If you quit Express on a Tuesday, you have to start Freight on Wednesday. Another one of our guys had a week between Freight and Express and lost everything.
FedEx always changing everything, my location has two divisions of drivers under 5 years or over 25 years. We use many contractors so Express RTDs are dwindling in numbers but work is actually expanding they are doing RTD runs out to friend the airport directly to Ground stations.

Artee

That's terrible, but how stupid do you have to be to not have all of that figured out and confirmed (and double confirmed) before you do it?
Couldn't tell you. If you would like his contact info I can give it to you and you can ask him yourself.

59 Dano

Couldn't tell you. If you would like his contact info I can give it to you and you can ask him yourself.
It was a rhetorical question, and the answer is fairly obvious.

Maybe he read on a message board that you're OK as long as you make the jump within a 30 day window.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I only look smart because you and some of your cohorts frequently post a lot of silly stuff.
IMG_7475.gif

FedExMan

Is there any advice as FedEx Express deliverers get integrated into our FedEx Ground network? I can't seem to get accurate volume projections from the terminal?
Federal Express bought out Roadway package system (RPS) and kept their contractor model just changed the truck stickers. To say you are absorbing something into something that is already owned is asinine. But then again anyone that would work like they do for no benefits and :censored2: pay has to have a low iq.
FedEx is closing stations and giving the ground the zip codes that have an extended commit time or low revenue for cost basis. FedEx corp (federal express) is the top of the chain everything FedEx related is under that umbrella. The only thing I see is that when talking about express being absorbed by the ground rejects just makes them feel better because they can’t win on the road or pay. Whatever makes you feel better though just keep delivering those chewy boxes for us I think people get a discount each floor up that they live 😂

59 Dano

It’s funny that “silly stuff” ends up being true.
Nashville stations closed by now
Seniority retention within 30 day window
Entire Express and Ground merger complete by June
And that's just in this thread.

Why not take a stroll through the posts here and wisen up?

yadig

Nashville stations closed by now
Seniority retention within 30 day window
Entire Express and Ground merger complete by June
And that's just in this thread.

Why not take a stroll through the posts here and wisen up?
I was told by mgmt at my ramp that stations in Nashville were gonna close within a year. They were wrong and seem to know less than new hire handlers.

Don’t know and don’t care about a 30 day window.

Raj said that the merge would be completed by June 24. The savings from the merge would begin to reflect in 25.