Integrating FedEx Express into Ground

zeev

I was picking up a phone and the front desk guy thought his station was safe because they do a good job and the nearby Ground station was to small to absorb Express. He was under the impression that it was merger of employees not packages. Management told him he was safe which means he’s gone.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I was picking up a phone and the front desk guy thought his station was safe because they do a good job and the nearby Ground station was to small to absorb Express. He was under the impression that it was merger of employees not packages. Management told him he was safe which means he’s gone.
Wow I bet that's 100% true.

SmithBarney

Ops Managers just had a meeting around here, they were told they would be first in line to have a chance of buying newly formed routes at ground(fedexone)...100k a piece, minimum 4 rtes..

zeev

How did the first Ground routes come about? It’s their business why not sell new routes to handle the new merged business. 100k most of that would be truck.

yadig

How did the first Ground routes come about? It’s their business why not sell new routes to handle the new merged business. 100k most of that would be truck.
It’s changed quite a bit since the beginnings. They have to adjust when new laws are passed. There will be more changes coming soon and it appears the “contractor” model is being looked at by the government.

It will be fine

Fedex “awards” contacts to whomever they like. They’ve never sold them. Back in the day, and I’m sure still in some places, bribes would be paid to the senior managers to be awarded areas. FedEx has never actually sold the areas though, buying and selling routes is all done on a secondary market.

FedupExpress

It looks like the company doesn’t have it figured out yet. It appears that they are in desperation..
100% this will be another fiasco failure like everything else fedex has done, the only thing the company ever got right was the overnight letter and I'm sure you could argue against that as well.

FedEx will be absorbed by Amazon in the near future and fat Freddy will be kicking the bucket any second now, he's headed to an early grave with that big gut and triple chin.

bacha29

At the beginning of Roadway Package System all you needed was a passed physical, a clean drug test, a clean driving record, good credit and a down payment on a truck.
Now the down side of that was that prior to the threatened DOJ lawsuit there was no goodwill and no proprietary rights and for those of us out in rural America each of us were assigned multiple rural counties to try to somehow find a way to get to everyone that day.

bacha29

100% this will be another fiasco failure like everything else fedex has done, the only thing the company ever got right was the overnight letter and I'm sure you could argue against that as well.

FedEx will be absorbed by Amazon in the near future and fat Freddy will be kicking the bucket any second now, he's headed to an early grave with that big gut and triple chin.
As we saw a few weeks ago when federal anti trust regulators shot down the proposed merger of Spirit Air and Jet Blue the same thing would happen if Fat Freddy and Jeffy B decided to bury the hatchet and join forces.

zeev

Amazon is a warehousing company with a website,they contract trucking companies to bring the freight in and hire lemmings to do delivery. Amazon AWS contributes 17% of the revenue and 73% of the profit . Amazon has no interest in FedEx and never will. I talked to a courier who said management said they were closing and now has reversed course and says it will be open. How will they get savings? Simple harass the senior employees till they leave and push the costs to Ground level.

FedupExpress

June 2024 merger is suppose to be done,so ready or not Ground is it. Sign they are serious Express RTDs are going to be able to hire on at Freight and take their seniority with them.
FedEx can't handle any of the companies on their own, let's face it... There's no way they will be able to handle all of them smashed together (contractors or not).

FedEx has never been able to do a thing properly.

MAKAVELI

Looks like FedEx is throwing in the towel as far as Ground taking over Express.
RDT_20240221_0626434749003295055502689.png
RDT_20240221_0627178915850039779384423.jpg
the-dude-give-up.gif