Integrity has failed...

Integrity

Binge Poster
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

MonavieLeaker,
I appreciate your sense of humor. If I didn't find the corporate executives response to this concern so sad, then I probably would think it is funny too.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Monavie LOL :wink2: Integrity,I know you meant well,and no I told you so's are necessary,but why are you the only one surprised?

DS,
I expect the corporate executives of UPS to operate the way they claim in the UPS Code of Business Conduct and the current UPS Policy Book. You are correct, I am surprised by their failure to do this.

Sincerely,
I

fxdwg

Long Time Member
stoni24,
It is quite a shame that the corporate executives of UPS make false claims as to how they conduct themselves as an organization. Current UPS Policy makes a false claim that states that the corporate executives care about and actually promote the good health of their people. The UPS Policy also claims to provide safe, clean and pleasant places to work. You can find this information respectively on pages 18 and 25 of the current UPS Policy Book.

Anyone knows that doing the strenuous work of package handling in the sweatshop conditions that the corporate executives of UPS knowingly provide in the warm seasons and the warm weather states does nothing to promote the good health of their people and is a most unpleasant environment to work in.

Anyone also knows that air conditioning in vehicles is really not an option any more, this is the 21st century. The least this company could and should do is to see that the cabs of the package cars are air conditioned.

No, I do not want to swap hubs.

Sincerely,
I

You have GOT to be kidding me.*****************************************************************************

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity was so full of himself that he actually thought corporate executives would come a running to fix a problem that did not need fixing. If Integrity thought there was a problem with the heat he should ride with package car drivers that work in the real cold all the time.

tieguy,
I did not think that they would come running. I did think that the corporate executives would answer the questions and concern through the UPS Help Line. They failed to do that.

Inside and outside jobs are different and employees in these jobs will be exposed to different working conditions. It is reasonable to expect inside working conditions when inside and outside working conditions when outside.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
this issue was never about fixing the heat. It was about you. about calling yourself integrity and acting like some pompass ass.
judging by the company response you apparently did not have the guts to leave your name and talk to corporate directly. You don't fight issues by slinking around in the shadows. If you really want to save the world then start by putting your real name out there instead of hiding behind some bullschatt ID.

Let us see how your own personal integrity stands up to the test and then let us decide if you will lead us on this search for integrity.

tieguy.
What the issue was about and the concern is posted in the blogs. I am sorry you don't like my username. I am sorry if I appear pompous. Is it my excessive use of the ideals and claims from the UPS Code of Business Conduct and the Policy Book that makes me seem pompous?

No one is obligated to give their name if they are not comfortable doing so. I am not comfortable doing so.
Sincerely,
I

Blizzard

tieguy,
I did not think that they would come running. I did think that the corporate executives would answer the questions and concern through the UPS Help Line. They failed to do that.

Inside and outside jobs are different and employees in these jobs will be exposed to different working conditions. It is reasonable to expect inside working conditions when inside and outside working conditions when outside.
Sincerely,
I

LOL,

I remember when I was young and stupid too.

Integrity

Binge Poster
As someone who has investigated calls in the past - employees should really educate themselves on what the Help line is designed for. It is really there to report unethical and illegal activity. If someone is calling because they had a bad day with their supervisor and "I'm going to get him in trouble" by calling the number - save your time and effort.

Also on most general concerns (like this one) Tie is completely correct. When you don't give a name who are they suppose to address the concern with? This is why you got the general "canned" response so the books can be closed on this particular issue and the company can move on to more important issues. If you want a personal response and dialogue - leave a name. Someone will come see you because they have a set time period to close out calls/cases based on severity levels (it's usually on the ERM's QPR).

bigdog,
You really should have a better handle on what is in the UPS Code Of Business Conduct. The Code says that the Help Line is for concerns or to report a potential violation of our legal or ethical responsibilities. This concern should have been answered through the Help Line. There was nothing in my concern that required verbal communication. You call it a general "canned" response. I call it a false claim that this concern was addressed at all.
Sincerely
I

tieguy

Banned
tieguy,

Sincerely,
I

you hide behind a name. You hide in the shadows yet you claim to be in search of integrity. Find some personal integrity then come tell us what we should do.

maybe we can get someone to create an ID like "integritys integrity" and go off to find out where your integrity is.

bigdog

bigdog,
You really should have a better handle on what is in the UPS Code Of Business Conduct. The Code says that the Help Line is for concerns or to report a potential violation of our legal or ethical responsibilities. This concern should have been answered through the Help Line. There was nothing in my concern that required verbal communication. You call it a general "canned" response. I call it a false claim that this concern was addressed at all.
Sincerely
I

bigdog

I have a very good handle on the Code of Business Conduct, The UPS Policy Book, CBA, and many, many more publications that govern employee and management activities and realtionships. You say the THE CODE says the Help Line is to report "a potential violation of our legal or ethical responsibilities" and I said it was to report "unethical and illegal activity" is that not the same thing?

As for verbal communication let me see....if you don't think it warrants vebal communication, then how do you know it was not addressed? I'm just trying to educate you on how the process works... a call comes in - if a name is attached to it is adressed with the person calling "in confidence" depending on the issue. If the call comes in as "anonymous" they go take a look and see if it needs to go any further. If not (and there is no one to respond to) they close out the concern.

Based on severity of 1-4 (4 being serious) they would grade this a "1" (2 at best). Which means they go look see that there is nothing to be done or no one to address and close it out. If you want more done step it up and put your name to it, then some will come see you to see what kind of solution can be obtained to satisfy both parties.

UPSSOCKS

bigdog,
Sincerely
I

Dress properly for the job... You work in a warehouse... You want heat, put in for management..... Layer up and shut up.. I told you before no one will ever care about what you think.......

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Dress properly for the job... You work in a warehouse... You want heat, put in for management..... Layer up and shut up.. I told you before no one will ever care about what you think.......
Caution: Sensors indicate an surge in magnetic radiation from nuclear waste disposal area 2.
e

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have a very good handle on the Code of Business Conduct, The UPS Policy Book, CBA, and many, many more publications that govern employee and management activities and realtionships. You say the THE CODE says the Help Line is to report "a potential violation of our legal or ethical responsibilities" and I said it was to report "unethical and illegal activity" is that not the same thing?
bigdog,
That is not actually what I said. I said the Code says the Help Line is for concerns or to report a potential violation of our legal or ethical resposibilities. My point is that the UPS Help Line is advertised as just another resource for employees to bring forth any and all "good faith" concerns in a manner with which they are most comfortable. It is not advertised as being just for unethical and illegal activity as you stated. Please review the section on Asking Questions and Voicing Concerns, it can be found on pages 4 and 5 of the UPS Code Of Business Conduct.

As for verbal communication let me see....if you don't think it warrants vebal communication, then how do you know it was not addressed? I'm just trying to educate you on how the process works... a call comes in - if a name is attached to it is adressed with the person calling "in confidence" depending on the issue. If the call comes in as "anonymous" they go take a look and see if it needs to go any further. If not (and there is no one to respond to) they close out the concern.

bigdog,
Have you read the report to the Help Line? The questions asked and the statements made in this report could have and should have been responded to through the Help Line. If you disagree please get back to me with the portions that you feel required a conversation and I will review it again. Being unable to answer questions or concerns is much different from refusing to answer questions or concerns and then being dishonest about how they are handled.

Based on severity of 1-4 (4 being serious) they would grade this a "1" (2 at best). Which means they go look see that there is nothing to be done or no one to address and close it out. If you want more done step it up and put your name to it, then some will come see you to see what kind of solution can be obtained to satisfy both parties.

bigdog,
When a concern is brought forth the company should be seeking to satisfy the concerned party or parties if possible.

The Code states I may use whatever method of communiction with which I am most comfortable and that the important thing is to report concerns and get questions answered. I do not have to put my name to a concern to expect the corporate executives of UPS to handle the concern with integrity. This was not done with regards to this concern.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster

UPSSOCKS,
You are wrong. Many UPS employees care about the Building Heat Concern and even more care about Integrity and the lack of it at UPS. The problem is most of them are silent. It will be a great day when these silent employees become the loud voice for what is right. It is my hope that the day is coming when management who treat people the UPSSOCKS way will no longer be welcome working for UPS.
Sincerely,
I

sano

Why don’t you get another job? This job, as they stress when you are hired, is affected by weather. The buildings are not cooled and are not heated to 70 degrees. They are not now and they were not when you took the job. There are many good jobs that are climate controlled.
The reason UPS exists is not to give you or I the job of our dreams. UPS exists for only one reason, to make a profit for its shareholders. As the owner of the company, I don’t think it will make me more profit to spend millions of dollars per year so a replicable part time employee doesn’t need to wear a coat.
It’s not about us.