Interesting where we Scored on This....

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
They took the second week's strike pay for union dues but they brought us hot dogs to cook on the strike line. Could've at least brought us corn on the cob too! Lol

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
They took the second week's strike pay for union dues but they brought us hot dogs to cook on the strike line. Could've at least brought us corn on the cob too! Lol
My picket line was right next to a bar. It's not there anymore but they made some serious jack back then. Two fisted on the line. Good thing it didn't last long back then, lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was great seeing the public support. Those were the days.
The Police Dept. in my town was even members of our same Teamster Local. :-) We pretty much had free reign. Twice UPS brought in a management driven feeder (They were empty but UPS want us to believe it was business as usual) they were met at the UPS building by the Police and had to show their Class A licenses.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The Police Dept. in my town was even members of our same Teamster Local. :-) We pretty much had free reign. Twice UPS brought in a management driven feeder (They were empty but UPS want us to believe it was business as usual) they were met at the UPS building by the Police and had to show their Class A licenses.
Good times.

The company was still moving air to Louisville every night. I saw about 4 package cars in the parking lot across from the big truck stop by the interstate so I pulled over and asked the supervisors why they didnt meet at the truck stop by the letter box.

The look of terror that came across their faces was hilarious. They said "No way!".

People were so sensitive back then.:biggrin:

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Good times.

The company was still moving air to Louisville every night. I saw about 4 package cars in the parking lot across from the big truck stop by the interstate so I pulled over and asked the supervisors why they didnt meet at the truck stop by the letter box.

The look of terror that came across their faces was hilarious. They said "No way!".

People were so sensitive back then.:biggrin:
Louisville guy here. I remember being walked out after a talking to by Tom Trenamen(sp?). He came out with his usual 3 buttons unbuttoned shirt and his gold chains. Smoking cigs. I remember someone telling him no smoking on the ramp. "I DGAF!" he said. I loved Tom.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You know it buddy. We were national news. Back then I took it as a mini vacation though I couldn't buy as much weed. I had to become frugal. That time set me on a course for the better.
Yeah, we were on the first shift strike group when the center manager came to the strike line to chat. About 5 min later one of the ORS drove a pkg car back onto the lot and one of our veteran drivers said "Hey, I dont think ol JR has his seat belt on!" The center manager said "yeah he's wearing it." Now, everyone is watching ol JR and when he stopped the truck he stood straight up without unbuckling a seat belt. The center manager was hacked off. Oops.

Double standards. Stupid people. Busted. What a joke.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was great seeing the public support. Those were the days.

For the most part the public was very supportive; however, we lost some of that support when the local paper decided to include our wage and benefit package specifics in an article they ran about the strike. After that ran we heard quite a few "get your overpaid butts back to work!" from those who made quite a bit less and did not have benefits.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
For the most part the public was very supportive; however, we lost some of that support when the local paper decided to include our wage and benefit package specifics in an article they ran about the strike. After that ran we heard quite a few "get your overpaid butts back to work!" from those who made quite a bit less and did not have benefits.
How would you hear them saying that to striking workers?

You weren't there.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm guessing you probably provided the information.