Interline discount airfare???

riskybzns

Who do you contact regarding this? I work for SupplyChain and spoke with someone in HR and they said SupplyChain employees aren't eligible for this.

I'm not sure why we wouldn't be eligible as we are a subdivision of FedEx and a part of FedEx Express.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Pony up a few extra bucks and fly with peace of mind and a shred of dignity still intact (something you won't experience flying interline).

This has long since become yet another worthless benny.

FedExRookie

Honestly, I've used the interline about 8 times while I worked with FedEx. You're at the bottom of the list, almost not worth it, especially if you're on any type of timeline.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
They're serious.
Flying "interline" or, "standby" is almost completely useless unless it doesn't matter when you arrive at your destination.

hypo hanna

And don't for a second think of traveling with a family member on interline. You either split up and travel seperatly or increase the chances of getting bumped tenfold.
A question for the new hires. How much to they push the interline discount as a benefit during the hiring process?

SmithBarney

When at work logon to home.fedex.com (doesn't work outside of the office, unless you are management and have remote login VPN credentials)

Enter Travel or Travelnet as the keyword, and start digging, you'll get the info you need.

riskybzns

They're serious.
Flying "interline" or, "standby" is almost completely useless unless it doesn't matter when you arrive at your destination.

It honestly doesn't matter to me when I arrive. I'm wanting the discount mostly because we get 75% off of y-fare through Qantas airlines. My bestie lives in Melbourne and I'd really like to take advantage of it and go visit them and save some huge dollars.

riskybzns

When at work logon to home.fedex (doesn't work outside of the office, unless you are management and have remote login VPN credentials)

Enter Travel or Travelnet as the keyword, and start digging, you'll get the info you need.

I've done all that, however when I go to the FedEx learning center and enter "interline discount travel" in the search field nothing comes up. Like I said, our HR told us that SupplyChain employees don't get any discounted fares, but I don't know why we wouldn't since we are FedEx and a part of FedEx Express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Who do you contact regarding this? I work for SupplyChain and spoke with someone in HR and they said SupplyChain employees aren't eligible for this.

I'm not sure why we wouldn't be eligible as we are a subdivision of FedEx and a part of FedEx Express.

This "benefit" exists mainly to prove we are an "airline". Discounted Interline or "pass" travel has always been a major perk for airline employees. In general, the don't have to go through a Corporate Travel department or the like...they just show their ID and go standby, which is very convenient.

As others have said, standby for us is a joke, and our ID75 and ID90 discounts are taken off the highest possible fares, so in many cases, a confirmed discount ticket is a better deal.

Just another "benefit" that really isn't. All so Fred can pretend that couriers are pilots.

Slick silver

I thought about using it to go to Vegas next month since I'm going by myself. The way it sounds I guess it would be better to just use my miles.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I thought about using it to go to Vegas next month since I'm going by myself. The way it sounds I guess it would be better to just use my miles.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Or use Southwest. That's still a good deal as long as you don't get bumped. Make sure to take the first flight of the day, as that's the best chance of not getting bumped.

riskybzns

So can anyone tell me how to contact corporate travel? Like I've stated before, when I go to the learning center and enter "interline discount travel" in the search field nothing comes up. That's how you're suppose to go about taking the cert. test.

All is appreciated.