Internet garbage

rod

Retired 22 years
Being at UPS since 2008, I learned it is best to not associate much with coworkers. No social media, making friends, etc.... I just show up on time, do the work, then leave immediately.
Well that sure sounds like a fun job now days. Interacting with co-workers and some customers is what used to make the job somewhat bearable.

herbigharo32

Well that sure sounds like a fun job now days. Interacting with co-workers and some customers is what used to make the job somewhat bearable.
Great time to listen to the news or music while loading. No offense.....just way too much drama to be involved.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have orientation Tuesday. I have heard my a ton of negative trash about UPS warehouse jobs everybody saying it's a scam...Are these people that just can't handle hard work/couldn't cut it? I'm older, 48. Decent shape and no stranger to hard work. Everything I've heard makes it sound like it's for single 20 somethings. Usually I can tell in about 20 seconds what kind of work ethic someone has. Will UPS recognize those of us that actually like to bust ass and don't whine like spoiled children? I just want to work. I don't want any bull*** nor do I tolerate it very well. Am I wasting my time?
My experience has shown that at UPS individuals who “bust ass” are rewarded with more work and are used and abused by the inferior management methods that exist at UPS.

Beware.

Reasonable effort is what you get paid for, not maximum effort.

IMO maximum effort is simply not sustainable.