Is 804 ever going to vote?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If a "RPCD" is scheduled Monday thru Friday and is subsequently laid off on Monday, as well as no "22.4 hybrid drivers" utilized, due to no "available" work

How would (or why) a RPCD need to bump a 22.4.... who can't be working ?

Ask another way so BUG can't slither out of it:

If a seniority RPCD is laid off on Monday because that day's work load is diminished (due to it being delivered Sat. and, in the future, Sunday) Can said RPCD bump a lower seniority 22.4 on Saturday IN ORDER TO GET HIS/HER 40 hours?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If a seniority RPCD is laid off on Monday because that day's work load is diminished (due to it being delivered Sat. and, in the future, Sunday) Can said RPCD bump a lower seniority 22.4 on Saturday IN ORDER TO GET HIS/HER 40 hours?
What happens in your center when you have 50 drivers and they put out 45 routes now?

browned out

What happens in your center when you have 50 drivers and they put out 45 routes now?

Now, If a Driver in our center is laid off:

There is ZERO chance that a lower seniority, lesser paid classification upser performing the same job will have the right to 40 hours before a package car driver. NO CHANCE.

There is also no chance that a lower seniority employee performing ground package car work will have the opportunity and contractual right the 1801 hours Required to reach a full years pension credit before a package car driver.

The CBA not only makes that possible, The CBA has clear cut, not open to interpretation, No grey area language that contractually guarantees the right to 40 hours to a 22.4 While no such guarantee exists for the RPCD.

The Teamsters have dug their own grave. Their Failure to Fulfill the Duty of Fair Representation During Contract Negotiations is glaring. It goes beyond gross negligence.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
5 people shuttle/run missloads/ prelim pick ups.

Or people beg to go home.

In my area we are seeing this happen now....LAY OFFS of low seniority Feeders, RPCDs and 22.3s...All kinds of bumping going on and the ones left at the bottom are having to bump back into the hub or preload and work less than a 40 hour week. What will happen when these 22.4 positions start to happen? Overtime will be a thing of the past for everybody, so start being prepared, live within your means...

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
In my center we do about 85-90% business so the Saturday thing I am not worried about since most are closed sat and sun. Also on Monday all the old timers cannot wait to get a call to stay home so honestly I don’t even feel like this 22.4 will make that much of difference then what it is now. At least in my center. I do around 85-95 stops all business and about 30 or so resi so if they just give me 95 business stops and I get off at 4:30-5 i am all for it... shiieeettt

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Teamsters have dug their own grave. Their Failure to Fulfill the Duty of Fair Representation During Contract Negotiations is glaring. It goes beyond gross negligence.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If that was the case, why haven't prominent Teamster leaders such as Sean O

and Fred Z not screaming this from the hilltops ? Even the sworn enemy of

Hoffa and Taylor, TDU.... has never even suggested such a thing.

Being a (questionable) 30 year driver and (questionable) alternate Steward

seems to know more than all of these other Teamster leaders combined.

You are persistent.... I'll give you that.

-Bug-

Benben

-Bug-

AWW, BUG you failed to answer my question! Instead you resorted to a backhanded insult and attack on the character of a union member! I'm surprised.......NOT! You have been doing this since March of last year!

GROW A SET OF BALLS, MAN UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTION PUT DIRECTLY TO YOU!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

No he can’t bump a driver off his set Saturday schedule if the driver you are talking about is scheduled Monday-Friday....what i don’t know is if a rpcd can request a Tuesday-Saturday schedule ....my question is what are 22.4s gonna do Tuesday-Friday.....as far as extra rpcd on Mondays when 22.4s are in effect....ups will do the same thing they do now

No he can’t bump a driver off his set Saturday schedule if the driver you are talking about is scheduled Monday-Friday....what i don’t know is if a rpcd can request a Tuesday-Saturday schedule ....my question is what are 22.4s gonna do Tuesday-Friday.....as far as extra rpcd on Mondays when 22.4s are in effect....ups will do the same thing they do now
They will find away to screw everyone

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
AWW, BUG you failed to answer my question! Instead you resorted to a backhanded insult and attack on the character of a union member! I'm surprised.......NOT! You have been doing this since March of last year!

GROW A SET OF BALLS, MAN UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTION PUT DIRECTLY TO YOU!

Are you in the Central Region ?

Benben

.what i don’t know is if a rpcd can request a Tuesday-Saturday schedule

The contract specifically says UPS must transition ALL RPCD's to a Monday-Friday schedule within 18 months.

my question is what are 22.4s gonna do Tuesday-Friday

22.4's have a guaranteed 8 hour shift per the new contract so it really doesn't matter 1 wit about that question.

We all know what they are going to do on Saturdays........they will run the Monday's resi's, thus preventing the lowest seniority RPCD's from working on Mondays!

browned out

Sean O would open his local and JC region up to the same DFR NLRB issues if he started down that road. Sean O's supplement's language is basically non-existent when it comes to the rights of RPCDs; whether it be for an RPCDs right to 40 hours...or more importantly for contract language Guaranteeing an RPCD who was laid off on M and T the right to bump a 22.4 and work Sat and Sun.

Zuckerman's Local 89 consists of mostly of Worldport Employees; the vast majority of which are part-timers. Zuckerman has no case to shout from the rooftops about this. Zuckerman would put Local 89 in the NLRB sites if he shouted from the rooftops.

The Teamster Leaders' agenda (whether Hoffa, TU, Teamsters United, etc.) does not always align with the rank and file. In a perfect world; it would.

Last edited:

browned out

I negotiated the UPS/CSI rider for 2 different Locals (mine included)

and participated in several white paper contracts.... always with an attorney.

CSI? Jeez; I mean Congrats. Way to pave the way for more low paying part-time garbage positions.

I think you should be constrained to the BC UPS Freight forum. Or maybe start another forum titled UPS Freight Union Issues (Subsection CSI). Otherwise, you are just the peanut gallery here in the UPS Union Issues.

Are you stating that you have never negotiated an agreement or proposed agreement that has Actual Package Car Drivers in it?

White Paper Contracts: Hopefully you did not sell the members of those smaller companies out.

Oh, and absolutely with an attorney. Suing an individual union leader is very difficult to do; but it can be done. That said; Great job insulating yourself. Self preservation.

Last edited: