Is a grievance worth anything?

Should I file the grievance

• Yes

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

GenericUsername

You are assuming that the cameras actually work-----many businesses install dummy cameras in the hope that their employees can't tell the difference. If the cameras do work, you have to assume that they are actually being used to record.

All of the cameras in our center are real cameras. We've had people who's grievances were approved/denied due to the cameras.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of the cameras in our center are real cameras. We've had people who's grievances were approved/denied due to the cameras.

We had an accident in the yard involving a Canadian trucker and one of our drivers' personal car. The camera had a very good view of the accident; however, they were not recording any of the feed and the driver ended up getting screwed as a result.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It’s a pro and con situation... which is why I’m here. Is poking the bear worth it or not. Idk where you came from but go back if you’re that bothered.
Do you really need strangers to make big boy decisions for you. If you don't want to be harassed, file a grievance. If you do, then sit back like a daisy and take it and stop crying about it. Really quite simple, don't see how its that difficult.

Justaloader

Then it's not your steward that's useless it's you.

I respectfully disagree. I understand his concern - file, end up with a target on his back, and make his future working days that much worse, or, keep his mouth shut and just "deal" with it until he's finally had enough, says "friend this place", and walks out. Catch 22. Me, personally, I'd pull the sup aside, and ask him straight up what his issue is. I actually had a run in with a sup when I was first hired, and I did that very thing. Come to find out he was on my ass because our department had a missload problem. He was told to ride everyone - and on that particular day, I was the one bearing the brunt of it. The directive to give us hell came from his higher ups - which, once I knew that, meant that he was doing what he was told. He wasn't trying to be a prick on purpose.

542thruNthru

I respectfully disagree. I understand his concern - file, end up with a target on his back, and make his future working days that much worse, or, keep his mouth shut and just "deal" with it until he's finally had enough, says "friend this place", and walks out. Catch 22. Me, personally, I'd pull the sup aside, and ask him straight up what his issue is. I actually had a run in with a sup when I was first hired, and I did that very thing. Come to find out he was on my ass because our department had a missload problem. He was told to ride everyone - and on that particular day, I was the one bearing the brunt of it. The directive to give us hell came from his higher ups - which, once I knew that, meant that he was doing what he was told. He wasn't trying to be a prick on purpose.

So his options are have a backbone and stand up for himself and have a target on his back or be treated badly that he finally quits because he was afraid to stand up for himself.

Sorry but I'll take #1 everytime. No one is going to treat me like that. I don't care if David Abney called the PT sup and told him to do it.

If someone is to afraid to file a grievance because of a target then UPS has already beat them and they are weak.

Not saying don't pick your battles but being treated with some respect is a battle you should always fight.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Am I the only one who sees a female symbol on Op's profile? Look, @Savv, if you really don't want to file a grievance, but you want the behavior to stop, simply do the things I said in my last post minus the filing. Sups are generally scared of anyone who seems to know the contract/their rights. In most grievance procedures you are supposed to give the company an opportunity to fix the problem before filing anyway. Sometimes all it takes is the threat of a grievance.

Last edited: