Is every local this weak>??

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any local is only as strong as its members unity. If you have a weak local, its tell tell of its members !
ICU,

I respectfully disagree with this staatement.

There exists an apathy, fear, corruption, lack of honesty and morale in the everyday local culture at UPS.

This culture has disasterous effects on the morale of unionism and the members faith, trust and confidence and unity.

It is true this has greatly impacted voter turnout within the union. This lack of turnout to me represents this poor culture.

Now to my point.

The Teamsters, internationally and locally, is governed using a representative form of government.

The strength of any representative government can be measured by the strength of the leaders not by the strength of the members.

If you want to talk about apathy at the ballot box or why certain representatives are chosen, then talking about membership would be appropriate.

The fact is the Union Leaders represent the members and the members strenghth can only be represented by the strength of the leadership in place at the moment in time that union strength is being measured.

Sincerely,
I

article22

Banned
Is every local this weak>??

Still no word on the grievances. Havent seen our BA in over a month!!? And I didn't deliver grounds I was sent to an on call that was ground and was told to pick up letter boxes that were filled with grounds!!
Was also given written instructions before leaving the building and it stated if someone gives u grounds to accept them and bring In!!

packageguy

Good question, why is he doing ground, My money is on he cuts deals with supervisors, he kisses there ass at work and come on this web site and lies like the rug he walks on....

packageguy

Re: Is every local this weak>??

Still no word on the grievances. Havent seen our BA in over a month!!? And I didn't deliver grounds I was sent to an on call that was ground and was told to pick up letter boxes that were filled with grounds!!
Was also given written instructions before leaving the building and it stated if someone gives u grounds to accept them and bring In!!

I don't believe you, You sound like the same 22. 23 guy in my building all he does is bitch he had many chances to go package car driving, but he never took it, because he finds a way to get ground 3times a week, and I grieve it 3 times a week.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The fact is the Union Leaders represent the members and the members strenghth can only be represented by the strength of the leadership in place at the moment in time that union strength is being measured.

That is a woefully misguided observation.

The members are the Union. The leaders strength comes from the active participation of its members.

It's sad.... that an average of 30% of UPS members even vote on their own contract.

If you are an hourly Union employee, your time maybe better spent involving yourself with your Local.... trying to affect a positive change.

Even though I kind of understand your reasoning for starting so many threads.... most border on pointless drivel.

-Bug-

article22

Banned
Re: Is every local this weak>??

I don't believe you, You sound like the same 22. 23 guy in my building all he does is bitch he had many chances to go package car driving, but he never took it, because he finds a way to get ground 3times a week, and I grieve it 3 times a week.

RELAX THERE ROOKIE!! I DID PACKAGE CARS F0R 10 YEARS AND DECIDED I DONT NEED THE MONEY ANYMORE AND CAN EASILY LIVE OFF 60k A YEAR AND NEVER BREAK A SWEAT!!! SO AS YOU GET HURT RUNNING YOUR ARSE OFF ILL BE COASTING STILL GETTTING MY PAYCHECK AND LAUGHING AT YOUR CRIPPLED ARSE!!! PS GET TO BED ROOKIE WE GOT A TRIP WITH 250 SITTING AND WE ARE SENDING YOU OUT COLD!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster

The members are the Union. The leaders strength comes from the active participation of its members.

It's sad.... that an average of 30% of UPS members even vote on their own contract.

If you are an hourly Union employee, your time maybe better spent involving yourself with your Local.... trying to affect a positive change.

Even though I kind of understand your reasoning for starting so many threads.... most border on pointless drivel.

-Bug-
BigUnionGuy,

I have to disagree with you here.

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro

-Bug-

Have you not yet realized that Integrity is always correct? He will ask a question while he already has formulated his own answer. He will question you to steer you to what he thinks is right...then plain disagree with you. You then proceed to bash your head against a brick wall in hopes to make better progress than talking to that troll.

Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg
P.S. - He will show concern for me.
Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have you not yet realized that Integrity is always correct? He will ask a question while he already has formulated his own answer. He will question you to steer you to what he thinks is right...then plain disagree with you. You then proceed to bash your head against a brick wall in hopes to make better progress than talking to that troll.

View attachment 8361
P.S. - He will show concern for me.
LongTimeComing,

?

Sincerely,
I