Is fedex targeting me?

thedownhillEXPRESS

$6,500 per year. That is a major shot, and it's not like most people are already making bank off Mr. Smith. It's pretty clear he wants only short-term employees that he can pay as little as possible. In other word, he wants Ground at Express, and I hope he gets it, because if you think Express is a mess now, wait until the "new breed" is all they have left. Sit back and watch the chaos ensue.

It is chaos.
Every day I walk into work I feel like I am witnessing three mile island melting down.Our managers running around talking to themselves, throwing each other under the bus.Couriers just looking the other way and staying silent as the clueless manager is trying to figure out who the FO belongs too.Sick calls that would make you believe it's a pandemic, District quarterly news letter that has "kindergarten" quality written all over it, literally(and zero useful info)!!!

It's like Apollo 13, but our "team" of ASS​stronauts sure ain't gonna save our ship!!!!!!

It is chaos.
Every day I walk into work I feel like I am witnessing three mile island melting down.Our managers running around talking to themselves, throwing each other under the bus.Couriers just looking the other way and staying silent as the clueless manager is trying to figure out who the FO belongs too.Sick calls that would make you believe it's a pandemic, District quarterly news letter that has "kindergarten" quality written all over it, literally(and zero useful info)!!!

It's like Apollo 13, but our "team" of ASS​stronauts sure ain't g......onna save our ship!!!!!!
Thanxs for the pos REP!!!Friend!!!Some mean dude gave me a negative!!!:sad-very:.........................LOL.Who cares when FedEx has your back!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is chaos.

It's like Apollo 13, but our "team" of ASS​stronauts sure ain't gonna save our ship!!!!!!

Frankly, I'm enjoying it. The meltdown has tremendous entertainment value, but I feel guilty because I know how many people have been screwed-over. It's only just begun, because they are capable of even greater stupidity. If Fred ever gets his 10%, it will be interesting to see what's left after the implementation of his scorched earth policies.

Hate 150lb Packages

Frankly, I'm enjoying it. The meltdown has tremendous entertainment value, but I feel guilty because I know how many people have been screwed-over. It's only just begun, because they are capable of even greater stupidity. If Fred ever gets his 10%, it will be interesting to see what's left after the implementation of his scorched earth policies.

Cant comment on express, but Ground has similar tremendous entertainment value. I view it as a 3 ring circus. Management is the main ring, and when their antics fail to entertain, I have my co workers (ring 2) and the customers (ring 3) to fall back on. The customers I deliver to are the most professional of all 3 rings, LOL. I have a Ground co worker who lurks here but won't admit it. One day in the terminal he brought in a very poorly drawn fedex poster to hang on the wall (made on MS Paint) with the slogan "I try to deliver the purple promise, but all I get is a chartrooze bruise". I think it was a joke. And yes, he spelled chartreuse just like that. I think he stole that phrase from someones profile on here. He says he thought of it on his own.

Bankrupt, Reading the policy manual it states recording any conversation between any employee's is grounds for instant termination. Your better to keep a log.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bankrupt, Reading the policy manual it states recording any conversation between any employee's is grounds for instant termination. Your better to keep a log.

It's also better to remain as anonymous as possible on this site. If you reveal too much about your personal life/situation or location, it isn't hard for them to figure out who you are. That may be why Bankrupt is being targeted. They do it all the time, but proving it is difficult.

Bankrupt

Just because its against policy doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't be admissible in court in a lawsuit right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just because its against policy doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't be admissible in court in a lawsuit right?

Interesting that they can monitor you at-will, but not vice-versa. I regularly record meetings and one-on-ones on my smartphone, and I don't ask anyone's permission. It is correct that in most states the party being recorded must be notified in order for it to be admissible in court. That said, there is still great value in recording conversations and taping (secretly) events and meetings. First, it allows you a record of what was actually said, by who, and can be transcribed into your journal verbatim. Second, videoing violations of policy and anything else you see that isn't kosher is tremendously valuable. I recently posted that I had video of a manager sneaking a drink from their personal vehicle in the company parking lot. Solid gold, and I ended-up using it. I have lots of secretly taped videos of extreme box-tossing at the ramp, managers talking on the cell phone while driving in the parking lot etc. This is all great insurance, and when I quit, I will post the videos of ramp employees throwing freight, destroying freight, hitting other employees with tossed freight, and laughing about it. Tape and record anything you can. Just don't tell them.

Bankrupt

I found out today starting mon my start time will be pushed back 1hr. I have a rural rte pm commit area that has dropped significantly in volume this year. Back in bldg in less than 8 is the norm except on mon lately(1 in our loop tue/sat) I won't be getting any hrs now! I think I'm being targeted because I'm costing the co lots in medical w my sons condition. I guess they hope ill just give up and quit. Where would I go except to try and find supplemental part time work outside my fed ex hours I need insurance. Mgmnt is aware of my situation and I'm not the least senior in our loop but my rte was chosen to be pushed back(one of our pt is taking my place on the doc sort) PSP in full effect
Arrived at work at my new start time today(hr later) my replacement called out so they were way behind in the doc sort. I went straight to my truck and began setting up since the sort was nearly done. My loop members were like where's are docs why you so late. I politely told them I'm not a doc sorter anymore per mgmnt. One of them walked down to the doc sort and helped finish up we got our buckets about 10 min after the 53 and they weren't 100% so after another 10 min or so of refining them and balancing out we left. I love it when mgmnts plans work out so well. I got a MSG accross ppad to report in at my original time tue(didn't reply contemplating coming in a scheduled time and seeing how they handle things w/ out me)

Maui

Arrived at work at my new start time today(hr later) my replacement called out so they were way behind in the doc sort. I went straight to my truck and began setting up since the sort was nearly done. My loop members were like where's are docs why you so late. I politely told them I'm not a doc sorter anymore per mgmnt. One of them walked down to the doc sort and helped finish up we got our buckets about 10 min after the 53 and they weren't 100% so after another 10 min or so of refining them and balancing out we left. I love it when mgmnts plans work out so well. I got a MSG accross ppad to report in at my original time tue(didn't reply contemplating coming in a scheduled time and seeing how they handle things w/ out me)

This is not WAD. You need to reply to messages. You are setting yourself up for possible OLCC because you did not respond. Just not responding is not in your best interest. If you want to protect yourself, then you tell them you can't now because of XYZ.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is not WAD. You need to reply to messages. You are setting yourself up for possible OLCC because you did not respond. Just not responding is not in your best interest. If you want to protect yourself, then you tell them you can't now because of XYZ.

He's right...you need to respond. WAD requires compliance, even when it makes no sense to comply. That is the essence of it's success.

hypo hanna

He's right...you need to respond. WAD requires compliance, even when it makes no sense to comply. That is the essence of it's success.

+1

if you don't respond to him and then respond to a later message they will know it wasn't a power pad problem. Best thing to have done in that situation was to respond they you had made plans, Nothing more. FedEx wants you to be on call without giving you on call pay. You/we should resist this at every turn. If your manager ask you what kind of plans, say they are personal. You may just want to sleep in a little or fix your kids pancakes, its none of their business.