Is full time sup a wasted position at UPS?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All I ever see these guys doing is messing about or yelling at the new hires because they know they can't fight back before they hit union.

God forbid they ever lifted a package for Christ sake.

Seems like they could save a :censored2: load of cash by just wiping the whole position out.
No, someone's gotta be the scapegoat for both sides when the :censored2: hits the fan.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
All I ever see these guys doing is messing about or yelling at the new hires because they know they can't fight back before they hit union.

Seems like they could save a :censored2: load of cash by just wiping the whole position out.
They aren't bad everywhere. My hub they are actually all pretty decent people. I don't trust them but they are capable of showing compassion and being decent human beings, now managers are who I despise. You can tell everything that comes out of their mouth is robotic, and straight out of the management hand book.

blkmamba

Would you file a grievance for them touching a package?

Nimnim

The Nim
Would you file a grievance for them touching a package?

Touching a package isn't a problem. What they do with the package might be. Are they loading, or are they investigating why a package is at that part of the facility? There's many reasons supervisors can handle packages, the main issue is are they progressing the package.

Would you grieve a supervisor for touching a package by handing it to an hourly and telling them to take it somewhere?