Is ground now delivering Express freight?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah I assume the profiles that give everyone a thumbs down are his burner accounts
My only burner account is MrFedex.

No, just kidding. I have about 25 burner accounts for this site. Not really. More like 19 and all I do is go around thumbing down posts because people really care about how many thumbs up or thumbs down a post gets. So much so that they lose sleep over it.

Got to go. Got to log in to all those other accounts and get to it!!

59 Dano

Until that day, this is all pointless to argue.
It's not really an argument. One side has studied the issue and posts relevant court decisions and labor board decisions. The other side doesn't care about any of that and just screams its talking points over and over.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The NMB considers a three part test for such employees.

Do they provide services principally for an RLA carrier? (No)
Are they an integral part of that affiliate? (No)
Do they provide services essential to the RLA carrier's operations? (No)

The general rule of thumb used by the NMB is that a contractor shouldn't even bother seeking RLA classification if 80% of his business doesn't come from an RLA carrier.

UPS sought to have their ground drivers classified as RLA because they transport most of the air packages. Didn't work. Guess you'll have to try something els
It's not really an argument. One side has studied the issue and posts relevant court decisions and labor board decisions. The other side doesn't care about any of that and just screams its talking points over and over.
As usual, you gain very conveniently forget to mention that FedEx Express has changed it's basic business model.UPS Ground Drivers were already NLRA, which you forget to say, and the whole point of reclassifying FedEx drivers is to bring them INTO NLRA status. So, I guess you'll have to agree that ALL FedEx drivers should now be NLRA, just like UPS.

Forget about the RLA, because it no longer should apply to the new Grexpress ,sir. As others have said, including numerous legal experts, the move to have Ground deliver Express packages should result in Express losing it's RLA status. The legal system moves slowly, but it will eventually catch-up to this issue. Raj can claim Ground only delivers X% of Express packages and that it doesn't meet the NMB threshold of Y%, which essentially seems to be what you are claiming. Is FedEx keeping Ground's share under 50% in order to claim a legal technicality in order to keep the unions out? Perhaps, but isn't this just another example of FedEx gaming the system to eke out a very weak rationale that what they're doing isn't a violation of labor law? Or another case of creating a business "playing field" which is tilted entirely toward FedEx and away from UPS?

It's like taking a tabletop hockey game and inclining it 45 degrees to one end and then calling the ensuing game "fair". And on another level, it's "bait and switch", because FedEx customers tender (and pay for) an expected service they are not receiving. Again, Raj is still charging these same folks rates and surcharges Express packages that will never see the interior of an aircraft, nor be treated as premium freight. We've already seen how Ground has failed to provide a similar level of service to Express.

When you order your new Tesla from Elon and he sends you a pedal car with a 9V battery, just shut up and pay your money.

Mutineer

LOL!!! That's right, I created a new handle here to disagree with me because no one disagreed with me.

Makes as much sense as the other gibberish you post. How do they know I'm not actually you?

LMAO! Reminded me of Andy Kaufman and Tony Clifton.

MAKAVELI

The NMB considers a three part test for such employees.

Do they provide services principally for an RLA carrier? (No)
Are they an integral part of that affiliate? (No)
Do they provide services essential to the RLA carrier's operations? (No)

The general rule of thumb used by the NMB is that a contractor shouldn't even bother seeking RLA classification if 80% of his business doesn't come from an RLA carrier.

UPS sought to have their ground drivers classified as RLA because they transport most of the air packages. Didn't work. Guess you'll have to try something else.
You realize FedEx is trying to move most Express operations to Ground in some locations and in Alaska and Hawaii the opposite?

59 Dano

@Dano see the part where Ground has been delivering Express? Clown
Who said they weren't? Clown.

The mistake the mouth breathers among you make is thinking that Ground taking some Express packages somehow changes what Express couriers do. It doesn't. Express couriers will still be delivering Express packages. Express can sub out some of its work to 3rd party cartage agents (as it has done for years) and it means nothing as far as the RLA is concerned.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Who said they weren't? Clown.

The mistake the mouth breathers among you make is thinking that Ground taking some Express packages somehow changes what Express couriers do. It doesn't. Express couriers will still be delivering Express packages. Express can sub out some of its work to 3rd party cartage agents (as it has done for years) and it means nothing as far as the RLA is concerned.
We're not talking about 3rd party cartage agents doing ODAs or Peak freight here, and you know it. The Ground opco is part and parcel of FDX, and you know it.And, Ground delivering ANY Express packages negates the RLA. You fail to mention that the two opcos have essentially integrated operations.

But ignoring the facts and trying to obscure the truth is what company shills do. And you know it.

59 Dano

You’re ignoring the fact that ground is delivering a lot of express packages. Will you agree once ground absorbs all of express?
Not ignoring it at all. And it has nothing to do with the RLA classification of Express employees.

purplelife

Just read this.

FedEx has chosen Alaska and Hawaii as key testing grounds to merge FedEx Express and Ground operations. It is expected that similar initiatives will be rolled out across the contiguous 48-state network.
Won't comment on if the company has the correct number of employees, well that means no probably and more layoffs.