Is he dead wrong or right?

Indecisi0n

tenor.gif

Drink Craft Beer

"The Iowa Appeals Court has ruled against a convicted killer who says he "died" during a medical emergency and thus fulfilled his life sentence.

Wapello County court records say Benjamin Schreiber has been serving the life term since being convicted in 1997 of beating a man to death.

Schreiber says his heart stopped five times on March 30, 2015, at a hospital where he'd been taken from the Iowa State Penitentiary in Fort Madison.

Schreiber filed for release in April 2018.

A district judge found little merit in Schreiber's argument, saying his filing confirmed he was still among the living.

The appeals court affirmed that ruling Wednesday, saying: "Schreiber is either alive, in which case he must remain in prison, or he is dead, in which case this appeal is moot."

https://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireSto...l_twitter_abcn

ahhhhh what the hell.... it was a worth a shot.

Serf

I totally see the technicality in his argument. Had a friend of mine who works at a federal prison tell me the Warden actually had a resuscitation incentive program. A thousand bucks if brought back to life. What the deeper reason is, I have no idea. But he said Officers would darn near fight each other to get to that defib.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I totally see the technicality in his argument. Had a friend of mine who works at a federal prison tell me the Warden actually had a resuscitation incentive program. A thousand bucks if brought back to life. What the deeper reason is, I have no idea. But he said Officers would darn near fight each other to get to that defib.
He did not die. He may have jumped over the property line, but he jumped back.