Is it normal for a local to be backed up on grievances?

542thruNthru

Some of the pettiest people are in the union so of course
teamsters-logo-black_0.jpg

Last One In

I signed off on a grievance my steward won 8 hours for me on January 7, 2021. Filed it January 31, 2020. I am sure the virus has a little to do with some centers being backed up, but we are always slow. Hope I don't ever need them for a termination. Probably never get heard.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I signed off on a grievance my steward won 8 hours for me on January 7, 2021. Filed it January 31, 2020. I am sure the virus has a little to do with some centers being backed up, but we are always slow. Hope I don't ever need them for a termination. Probably never get heard.
Strongest labor union in the world- you'll be fine.

542thruNthru

I'm confused. You won a grievance back in Jan 31st 2020 and are now filing a grievance on Jan 7th 2021 because you didn't receive the settlement? Is that what you're saying?

542thruNthru

One did in my former building years ago. The steward had a puzzled look on his face as he told the guy management can’t file grievances. The poor guy told him “why not? You guys are the only ones that friend’ing listen!”
What's funny is the company can file a grievance but it's still fun to say. ;)

Karma...

realistic...how many contracts will it take until the teamsters have a reasonable mechanism for processing grievances ?......it seems that most of what is brought up here has been or should have been agreed upon ob the teamsters and ups contracts ago .....