Is it Peak?

Is this Peak???

• Total voters

Pullman Brown

A lot of factors involved. Probably depends on where you live etc..My area has and is growing our volume is more than last year. Heavy stuff is down because of the astronomical surecharge. Air residential have been end of day all peak first time ever for that. That helps a lot. Unbelievable amounts of help and cheaper labor! Probably better technology bigger hubs with automation and cutting accounts off that go over their capacity. Weather seems to be good.

UncleRico

we are busy...and the :censored2:ty weather coming through right now prob wont help things tomorrow...who knows how many fair weather PVD's will brave it though....many schools are already announcing closing for tomorrow...itll be a :censored2: show

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Been laid off the last two days thanks to snow.

1671165070402634.png

iruhnman630

And now they are cutting, instead of letting us have the easy week getting every package serviced for Christmas.

All for one week of saving money.

Not to worry. The people making that decision will be spending nice evenings with their families while we take up the slack.

UncleRico

we are busy...and the :censored2:ty weather coming through right now prob wont help things tomorrow...who knows how many fair weather PVD's will brave it though....many schools are already announcing closing for tomorrow...itll be a :censored2: show
much to my surprise things went relatively smooth today....other than the crazy piles of slush

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Saturday delivery , volume spread over 6 days
Auntie Carol dumps low profit packages ,
People shopping on phones spread out over the year

ManInBrown

Holy cow. I just googled the article to this accident. They’re saying no one died. 11 mildly injured. I’m not trying to say anyone that got flung off died, but it sure looked like a few who didn’t jump crashed into the lift in front of them. No one died?

I’m getting vibes like that riot at the Mexican soccer game last year where they said no one died, and people that were there refuted that and said plenty of people died.

HyperBrn

How do you catch up from that before Christmas, running out of time?
We'll find out. Highways heading into our area just opened today. So we might start to get trailers in. I surmise we might be on 70hr duty next week to try to catch up. Had something happen to us similar to this late LAST winter. But it was not during peak. So we were able to spread the extra volume over a 5 day work week and get it done. Gonna take a small miracle to do the same this time.

PreTrippin’

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
I’ve been maxing out hours every week. Usually 8-10 hours available on Friday. Sometimes less when I play my cards right 😉. It absolutely sucks. But I will say I work at a very unique hub and my situation is probably not anything like anywhere else in the nation.

DOK

We'll find out. Highways heading into our area just opened today. So we might start to get trailers in. I surmise we might be on 70hr duty next week to try to catch up. Had something happen to us similar to this late LAST winter. But it was not during peak. So we were able to spread the extra volume over a 5 day work week and get it done. Gonna take a small miracle to do the same this time.
The stress thinking about your upcoming week is what would bother me, can’t wait to retire.

Jetboat1

Ups is overpriced compared to the post office or Fed Ex. We live off the overflow God help us if UPS has to compete on price. Amazon drivers make 20 bucks an hour. What do UPS drivers make? Go on strike August 1. Who could possibly fill the void of the 40 buck an hour need to be replaced?

Everyone in my center getting off 5-6 some of them 4. Us rural route guys doing 14s. Pencil pushers don't get how chaining up and driving at half speed means it takes longer on the route. Asking for help and don't receive it till i start rolling stops. Only good thing is I don't work saturdays. Outta hours :teethy:

Kingofthenorth

Ups is overpriced compared to the post office or Fed Ex. We live off the overflow God help us if UPS has to compete on price. Amazon drivers make 20 bucks an hour. What do UPS drivers make? Go on strike August 1. Who could possibly fill the void of the 40 buck an hour need to be replaced?
What a great class talking point. Fed ex and Amazon Drivers are paid hardly anything so executives etc can make a fortune. Fed ex and UPS prices are competitive with each other with UPS being cheaper than fed ex in multiple categories. Amazon delivers stuff people order off of Amazon. USPS is generally the cheapest but they are a mix of government and private.