Is it Peak?

Is this Peak???

• Total voters

JL 0513

Aside from being a light peak, one of the biggest surprises I've noticed so far is we've had no late air come into the building to date. Every previous peak, it was late air/air meets everyday the weeks leading to Christmas. Maybe that'll change this week. Center manager said our "peak days" are this Tue/Wed.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ups is overpriced compared to the post office or Fed Ex. We live off the overflow God help us if UPS has to compete on price. Amazon drivers make 20 bucks an hour. What do UPS drivers make? Go on strike August 1. Who could possibly fill the void of the 40 buck an hour need to be replaced?

You are forgetting the productivity of a UPS Worker compared to the other Common Carriers...there is no comparison...The reason is we have the most long term Employees who are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement. The standards are set, these (fly by night Amazon and Fed Ex Ground) independents will eventually want more of the pie from their corporate overlords as costs rise and high inflation will start causing eliminating any O/T, start living off 25 buck an hour at a 40 hour work schedule and see who hangs around.

Your statement about replacement drivers crossing a Union Picket Line for a Temporary two week pay check risking life and limb at 40 buck an hour is absurd.

How long have you been with us?

:fantasysmiley:

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
As long as there are videos posted of FedEx delivery drivers tossing packages or dumping a whole load in a ditch UPS will continue to be the standard.

Kingofthenorth

You are forgetting the productivity of a UPS Worker compared to the other Common Carriers...there is no comparison...The reason is we have the most long term Employees who are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement. The standards are set, these (fly by night Amazon and Fed Ex Ground) independents will eventually want more of the pie from their corporate overlords as costs rise and high inflation will start causing eliminating any O/T, start living off 25 buck an hour at a 40 hour work schedule and see who hangs around.

Your statement about replacement drivers crossing a Union Picket Line for a Temporary two week pay check risking life and limb at 40 buck an hour is absurd.

Productivity keeps going up yet wages in many industries are stagnant. In other words all the extra pie is going to rich. While I wish something would happen-Its not happening until theold people die off and the young people take over. Trying telling most people on here you would rather have a billionaire be worth a hundred million with tons of people worth millions. They will say it's hard communism 🤣.

Brownwind

As long as there are videos posted of FedEx delivery drivers tossing packages or dumping a whole load in a ditch UPS will continue to be the standard.
My local fed ex driver just dumps everything at the mailbox regardless. I asked him about it and he said as long as the check comes he could care less. The difference between us and them is pride.

I’m old but still have it. Remember UPS is the standard for excellence. Don’t let anyone rob you of it.

upser2020

We set a record for volume the first Monday of peak where I'm at. From what I understand we are significantly higher than last peak.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Aside from being a light peak, one of the biggest surprises I've noticed so far is we've had no late air come into the building to date. Every previous peak, it was late air/air meets everyday the weeks leading to Christmas. Maybe that'll change this week. Center manager said our "peak days" are this Tue/Wed.
kinda weird isn’t it? almost like they can control it 🧐

Jetboat1

I'm saying not crossing a picket line taking the job permanently for 25. Some how Amazon fills it positions for that. Package delivery is a commodity like corn. If Ups goes on strike management can release the dogs of war on our contract. You won't accept 40 an hour try 25 and a four day 10 HR day workweek. Every Friday off no way some 20 year old would take that job.

Missy700

I absolutely think they’re helping but I think it’s just all around dead for the most part.
Agree! Today was informed my route was cut and no they'd not be calling me back! What the ?????
Yesterday one of our PVD's had hardly anything to deliver so they asked if they could help me. Then this morning told I have nor route anymore!! Yes I've noticed people ordering less. Companies still advertising for help but I believe they have implemented a hiring freeze quietly only known to the top management.

worldwide

I see Amazon, Post office and FedX trucks in my neighborhood every day but hardly ever see UPS. It seems almost every company I buy from (Chewy, Sweetwater, Walmart, Home Depot, Petsmart) ship with FedX now.
Check the last few quarterly releases from UPS and FedEx and compare the two. FedEx is hurting and UPS is eating their lunch (and dinner and breakfast). Amazon is also shifting a significant number of packages to UPS 2nd Day Air as their system can't maintain their 2-day Prime delivery promise. Given FedEx's poor performance of late, I'd expect that several of their customers will be switching to UPS in 2023. UPS likely told them they would not accept their business during peak. Carol has been very clear that UPS is not going to take any business that is not profitable and is perfectly fine letting businesses go to the competition if it does not make financial sense ($$) for UPS. It used to be that all volume was good volume, but those days are gone.

Check the last few quarterly releases from UPS and FedEx and compare the two. FedEx is hurting and UPS is eating their lunch (and dinner and breakfast). Amazon is also shifting a significant number of packages to UPS 2nd Day Air as their system can't maintain their 2-day Prime delivery promise. Given FedEx's poor performance of late, I'd expect that several of their customers will be switching to UPS in 2023. UPS likely told them they would not accept their business during peak. Carol has been very clear that UPS is not going to take any business that is not profitable and is perfectly fine letting businesses go to the competition if it does not make financial sense ($$) for UPS. It used to be that all volume was good volume, but those days are gone.
I haven't had a hello fresh box for well over a month

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Agree! Today was informed my route was cut and no they'd not be calling me back! What the ?????
Yesterday one of our PVD's had hardly anything to deliver so they asked if they could help me. Then this morning told I have nor route anymore!! Yes I've noticed people ordering less. Companies still advertising for help but I believe they have implemented a hiring freeze quietly only known to the top management.

Peaks over
Now Beat it @Barney

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm saying not crossing a picket line taking the job permanently for 25. Some how Amazon fills it positions for that. Package delivery is a commodity like corn. If Ups goes on strike management can release the dogs of war on our contract. You won't accept 40 an hour try 25 and a four day 10 HR day workweek. Every Friday off no way some 20 year old would take that job.
WTF are you yammering on about if you typed in English maybe somebody could figure out what your going on about
FFS