Is it possible to go to school as a 22.4 Driver?

UnionGuy

I was finally offered a 22.4 driving position yesterday and I start training tomorrow. My concern now is whether I can continue school to obtain my bachelors. I don't want to give up the opportunity since I got the hub that I wanted, but I also still want to finish school. I am torn on this.
Does anyone here attend school while also driving?

542thruNthru

I was finally offered a 22.4 driving position yesterday and I start training tomorrow. My concern now is whether I can continue school to obtain my bachelors. I don't want to give up the opportunity since I got the hub that I wanted, but I also still want to finish school. I am torn on this.

I know drivers that did it while driving full time. Though it ain't easy at all and all classes were online.

GenericUsername

You could always lower the amount of classes you take and do it over time. I'm next to a guy who's doing a class or two a semester to get through it.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You will find it very hard to get approved for tuition reimbursement as a full time employee

trickpony1

You will find it very hard to get approved for tuition reimbursement as a full time employee

I know a feeder driver that didn't have any problem.

To discriminate based on a person's employment status doesn't sound like a good idea.

The person takes a class.
The person either passes the class or he doesn't.
I'm reasonably sure reimbursement is based on a final, passing grade.

Hope this helps.

Methods Man

If you can give yourself a better career and better balance between work/life then I think your making the right decision. Driving provides a great way to support your family and phenomenal benefits, but it isn’t the only path to do so.
Goodluck

purehavanne

you can only go to school online as a full time driver. I’ve tried it. If you wanna try go ahead but you will absolutely be late for classes and exams. Your sup cares not about your education. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Scuderia

Guys at my center will all tell you UPS driver is the be all end all of careers. “Best job in the world!!” They say. Of course many of them have child support deductions on their pay checks lol