Is it THAT bad?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
gotta say though, that was quite the snappy comeback from MWG! :w00t:

Did they edit out the snappy comeback? MWG must have taken his Geritol if he got all up in my face. I'll bet those tennis balls are fluorescent orange and have happy faces on them. He sounds like one mean MF.

overflowed

I recently had a co worker comment that they must be hiring from geriatric homes these days. I didn't say anything at the time, thought it was kind of a foul comment. He maybe on to something.

MassWineGuy

gotta say though, that was quite the snappy comeback from MWG! :w00t:

Thanks. I lace my geritol with gin.

I see a FedEx Ground guy on my route every day. He's healthy and strong enough to haul some very big and heavy freight. He's 74. It's not the age that counts, it's the mileage.

By the way, what did the OP end up doing?

MassWineGuy

I'm not that far behind you age-wise, and I was just giving you a hard time because you're such a FedEx cheerleader. Plus, your panties were obviously in a wad.

Maybe I just landed in a good station by random. There are things I dislike about the company, though minor. Full timers get paid for eight hours on vacation or other days off. I get four even though my work day is typically five plus hours.

I wish they offered company stock at a reduced cost to employees.

Yes, the medical plan could be better (fixed co-pay, lower out of pocket limit), but it's been good for me during my treatment for lymphoma. Also, every manager at my station voiced their support and said to ask if I needed anything or if there was any way they could provide support.

When I returned to work on light duty, my manager arranged for me to ride my route driven by a new courier who did all the driving and heavy lifting. Quite a sweet situation from a company at war with its employees.

For sure, there are better places to work. But I'd say there are more companies that are worse. UPS is certainly a crappy, combative work environment, for example.

fuqboi

Thanks. I lace my geritol with gin.

I see a FedEx Ground guy on my route every day. He's healthy and strong enough to haul some very big and heavy freight. He's 74. It's not the age that counts, it's the mileage.

By the way, what did the OP end up doing?

I ended up going the AM route. Mainly do FO. Overall, it's alright. Lighter on the hours than I'd like and there are a lot of things that could be improved, but the people are nice (for the most part) and the hours go by fast. There are far worse jobs out there.