Is it time the Teamsters ask for a vote to support Bernie in the Primary?

Who should the Transfers nominate in the 2020 Democratic primary? Demo. Primary so no Trump trolling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Correcto

god is dead
Democrats want to tax labor to pay for their own health insurance, pay for other people’s college degree and flood the country with cheap immigrant labor.

Voting for sanders is insane.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I’m talking about you wanting to change careers into an electrician. Good luck with that dude, I don’t want to pay for your health insurance while you follow your goals.
Thanks for wishing me luck. If you were paying closer attention though you would have noticed that’s in an apprenticeship in IBEW Local 6. Health insurance is covered.

vantexan

If you think government run health care would be a great idea head down to your local VA hospital and talk to a couple veterans and see how great it is. See how wonderful it is to wait months to be seen, be cast off onto contractors who dont care about you, have pills shoved down your throat and fight tooth and nail for everything. If that sounds great to you then go for it big guy. Tell me how it works.
My wife has gotten VA healthcare for almost 30 years. Hurt her knees while in the Army, gets a small disability check plus healthcare for life. She goes to regular appointments, seen for anything, not just her knees. I know there's been some irregularities in the system but overall she's been happy with it. And one thing that strikes me about the care is they go to great lengths to show respect to the vets. And we've gone to a number of different hospitals since we married.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife has gotten VA healthcare for almost 30 years. Hurt her knees while in the Army, gets a small disability check plus healthcare for life. She goes to regular appointments, seen for anything, not just her knees. I know there's been some irregularities in the system but overall she's been happy with it. And one thing that strikes me about the care is they go to great lengths to show respect to the vets. And we've gone to a number of different hospitals since we married.
I have NEVER had one problem doctoring at the VA. I prefer them over the private clinic I go to every year for a second opinion yearly check-up.

Bob11B

May I ask how a single payer health care system would benefit Teamsters, since we have excellent insurance already?
Or why truck drivers should support taxpayer funded "loan forgiveness" for the people who decided that they were above manual labor, and got liberal arts degrees?
Or how "legalization", benefits our union?

You've slipped a current events opinion piece into the UPS discussions forum.
Couldn’t agree more....our healthcare is huge, if it is no longer a perk then bump our pay to $60/hr

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You tell me. Post a source.
He is for tearing the down wall, dismantling immigration agencies, letting anyone here illegally stay indefinitely, decriminalizing illegal entry, and ending all deportations.

It's on his website.
Right, he's not for open borders, he just thinks anyone who comes here illegally should be able to stay. Same :censored2:in thing.

Bernie Bros are so clueless.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Couldn’t agree more....our healthcare is huge, if it is no longer a perk then bump our pay to $60/hr
It's pretty amazing the Democrats who think corporate tax cuts don't get passed down to employees, talk out of the other side of their mouth saying corporate healthcare savings from Medicare for all will get passed down to employees.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If you think government run health care would be a great idea head down to your local VA hospital and talk to a couple veterans and see how great it is. See how wonderful it is to wait months to be seen, be cast off onto contractors who dont care about you, have pills shoved down your throat and fight tooth and nail for everything. If that sounds great to you then go for it big guy. Tell me how it works.

The VA kept my Dad alive an extra 13 years I wouldn't have had with him otherwise.
Sorry you have had such a bad personal experience with the VA

Bob11B

The VA kept my Dad alive an extra 13 years I wouldn't have had with him otherwise.
Sorry you have had such a bad personal experience with the VA
I’m a veteran and still use the VA...it has changed dramatically for the better in the last 6-8 years...the wait list is not as long. It helped a ton when they they allowed vets to also start going to private practices. The appointment times went from 6 months out to less than a month.

Whither

Scofflaw
The republicans are definitely not the party of labor either. RTW and stacking the Supreme Court and NLRB with management leaning people does not help labor. They have a 30 plus year track record of actively trying to destroy labor.

Workers have no party. Think of all the money unions have wasted (and keep wasting!) financing politicians. Would've been much spent on salting and organizing drives and used to build legit strike funds.

rod

Retired 22 years
Workers have no party. Think of all the money unions have wasted (and keep wasting!) financing politicians. Would've been much spent on salting and organizing drives and used to build legit strike funds.
Would have been better of hiring hitmen to take out those crooks.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
He is for tearing the down wall, dismantling immigration agencies, letting anyone here illegally stay indefinitely, decriminalizing illegal entry, and ending all deportations.

It's on his website.
Right, he's not for open borders, he just thinks anyone who comes here illegally should be able to stay. Same :censored2:in thing.

Bernie Bros are so clueless.
You’re right. Changed my mind #Tulsi2020