Is it true that SurePost is going to be eliminated?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77202
  • Start date

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's approximately 16-18 inches on all sides, too big to fit into a bag realistically. Back in our rebellious days a lot of surepost got "misloaded" into other cars. Now one of us works for Fedex and all the surepost got moved to a different part of the building go figures, strong union in action.

D

Deleted member 77202

From what I've heard from various drivers, I always got the vibe that they all dreaded their post office stop(s) cause they were a pain in the butt.??

Heard some say that the SurePost is a waste of time but really never had it explained to me.

When a driver stops at a post office, what happens next?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From what I've heard from various drivers, I always got the vibe that they all dreaded their post office stop(s) cause they were a pain in the butt.??

Heard some say that the SurePost is a waste of time but really never had it explained to me.

They deliver the packages

You working today?
Yes
IMG_20200211_140630925.jpg

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
It’s more than fitting in the bags. The way the system works is the box has to fit into the small sort BIN. Oversized per contract don’t fit into the bins and hence, not in the bags

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It’s more than fitting in the bags. The way the system works is the box has to fit into the small sort BIN. Oversized per contract don’t fit into the bins and hence, not in the bags

New buildings don't have bins. In our automated building if it fits in a bag it's a small. and engineering told me something like 50% of the packages have to go through smalls or our building will shut down.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

It’s just like any other bulk stop. Nothing particularly hard about it.

Chnandler Bong

Cut surepost out and all they will do is blow up stop counts.

Or we lose the accounts altogether? We gained some of those accounts with Surepost because it was offered at a lower rate than normal ground. Some could decide to stick with us, but I’m guessing we’d lose a lot of it to the lowest bidder?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Or we lose the accounts altogether? We gained some of those accounts with Surepost because it was offered at a lower rate than normal ground. Some could decide to stick with us, but I’m guessing we’d lose a lot of it to the lowest bidder?
Lose accounts? Hope you don't need us at peak.