Is orion ever going to improve?

Maplewood

gosh darn. Saturdays in particular. Went from getting back to the building around 6:30 my way to getting back past 8. Don't mind the overtime, but :censored2:, how are we ever going to compete with amazon with this :censored2:? It's downright silly. Also, lewis, ludis, whatever his name is, quack math. 'oh, look math, einstein uses math' Make it work or go home without a job like everyone else. /drunkrant

Somebody will inevitably try to put some lipstick on this turd and call it "improved"

clean hairy

So you dont believe me, but you think I ought to be thrown out of the union anyway? Ok.
You are absolutely entitled to your disbelief.
Please explain how I made an extra-contractual agreement when I did not agree to anything.
All that coke has messed up your reading comprehension....
Maybe he should drink Pepsi instead of Coke?

Undertow

Is it ever going to improve? Maybe. Maybe not. But even if it were to improve to something above absolutely pathetic, I'm not convinced that would make up for all the accumulated damage it's already been allowed to cause. My building has lost so many quality drivers that simply couldn't tolerate it and all BS that has come with it. It's easy for people to say "Just follow it 100% and let the management deal with the results". All too often, the management simply won't deal with the results and the driver is left with even worse choices to make.

We've had several guys sit down with the dispatch team for hours on end going stop by stop in an effort to attain something that can be reasonably followed and all experienced the same outcome. The trace worked OK for a few days and then the program undid all the efforts to obtain a workable solution and it was right back to the usual sloppy mess it was before the attempted intervention. Now the guys that are once dedicated to going the extra hour or mile (no pun intended) to ensure customers big and small got served have simply had enough and are going the other direction. The 9.5 list is maxed out and drivers who hadn't used a single 8hr request in some cases for over 10 years now insist on taking every single one available. The collective attitude has become one of "If this is how it's always going to be, then we want to ensure we spend the absolute least amount of time tolerating this charade that we have to and not a moment more."

Even if upper management were to demonstrate a hint of accountability as soon as next week Monday and acknowledge the reality that the program was failing as bad or worse now than 5 years ago, that wouldn't make up even a fraction of what's been lost since they first burdened the operation with it.

Grey

They can’t even make simple adjustments like keeping the ground you don’t get off with air in normal trace. It’s annoying having resi at the top of your EDD all day. Also the pickups mixed with your resi is just illogical. Why can’t pickups be at the bottom regardless of pickup time?

Driver7906

Whether ORION works or not, I’m glad I won’t be around to deal with it. I went feeder partly to get away from that nonsense before it replaced EDD.

The Driver

I drive.
ORION 3.0 comes to my building before the end of the month.

I, for one, welcome my new artificial intelligence overlord.

The new Dynamic ORION

dancing.gif

It's so sassy. Go here, no, go there, no, go over there.

davidix

The best you can do is get your own route so you memorize what's on the shelves and run it like that. I scroll up and down to find the section I'm in. And print a map to see if theres huge mistakes.

Sometimes you get a street.. yes one street with 10 stops and half of those are in the 40s and the rest is at the bottom of the board lol.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
You guys all have exactly the wrong idea about Orion. We actually have a friend in the business. For the effort the company is putting into the driverless feeders in Arizona. You have got to know that there is no, 0, nada way in hell that you run a package car autonomously with the solution that is Orion.

Keep on keeping on!!

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Anyhow, who knows? Maybe Mr PepsiCo will be the guy who finally raises his hand at the big conference table in Atlanta and asks WTF is this orion :censored2:?