Is orion ever going to improve?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You still drink the ORION koolaid because you are safe behind a desk and will never have to set foot in a package car and actually try to follow it.
My ORION is shut off and written out of the plan. I have RDO only.
I got a copy of the 340 methods, highlighted all the ones that directly conflict with ORION, and threatened to file a grievance for over supervision, harrassment and past practice if they didnt shut it off.
Problem solved.
He knows it’s crap... just has to keep playing the manager big shot role...even on a random internet site... sad

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just like always....UPS creates 99% of its own problems. Gives all the office buzzards something to do during the day.
For me, today was a prime example of ORIONS complete failure.

I had a NDA package that normally would have been my second stop of the day.

Instead it wanted me to completely skip this stop (they only had the 1 pkg) and come back to deliver this time committed pkg after completing another 10 stops.

Funny thing is that if it was a ground pkg, it would have me make it my second stop as normal.
We’re those other 10 stops random home deliveries????

Thegameisrigged

You still drink the ORION koolaid because you are safe behind a desk and will never have to set foot in a package car and actually try to follow it.
I got a copy of the 340 methods, highlighted all the ones that directly conflict with ORION, and threatened to file a grievance for over supervision, harrassment and past practice if they didnt shut it off.
Problem solved.
I will be downloading my copy also for the same purpose.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Problem solved.
I don't believe you.
Prove it

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
E977297B-AA6B-49F0-81D7-6E2F464D6D15.jpeg
I don't believe you.
Prove it
My route is highlighted.
ODO reads “off” and projected miles are zero because there is no ORION solution for it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I still don't believe you get special treatment.
You allegedly made an extra contract agreement with Management.
You should be thrown out of the Union
So you dont believe me, but you think I ought to be thrown out of the union anyway? Ok.
You are absolutely entitled to your disbelief.
Please explain how I made an extra-contractual agreement when I did not agree to anything.
All that coke has messed up your reading comprehension....

pierregarcon

We have multiple split routes so poorly implemented that the RDO plan shows less miles than the EDO. Nothing is done. center manager told me follow it or don't. Whatever.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Problem solved.
I wish u were in my center. Love it!!!

Dr.Brownz

I still don't believe you get special treatment.
You allegedly made an extra contract agreement with Management.
You should be thrown out of the Union

They turned off ODO here by request until they got tired of doing it every single day for most of the drivers. Allegedly upper level management told them not to turn it off.

barnyard

KTM rider
We had my orion plan to the point where it was tolerable. I could follow and scratch. Everyone was reasonably happy. Now, the push is back on to reduce miles, which means that the sliders on how close to EDD order have been slid back to "screw barnyard." Now, I deliver 4-5 sections in reverse order and I am in the neighborhood of an hour over every day. Eventually, my dispatch will have to be reduced to keep me under 9/5.

My route is mostly resi, so the order is not all that important. Friday, after delivering the 15 businesses that I have, I delivered section 5, in reverse, climbing over all the section 3 crap that was on the floor. If the bosses want me to spend over 10 hours delivering a 9ish hour load, that is fine with me.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If the bosses want me to spend over 10 hours delivering a 9ish hour load, that is fine with me.

The question will become: Is the union going to stand behind you when the company comes after you for being over allowed?

barnyard

KTM rider
The question will become: Is the union going to stand behind you when the company comes after you for being over allowed?

I am putting in a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. If they want me to scratch, they need to fix Orion. I was hassled for production earlier in the year, when my boss told me to write down what needed to happen to fix over-allowed, I wrote, "Fix orion. If you do a good job, I will do a good job." It was fixed for about a month. The last 2 weeks have been getting gradually worse, to the point where this past week I was over by an hour 2 days and over by 40 minutes 3 days. It is super easy to document and I have been keeping notes to show that when I go out with a good plan, I scratch.

When they ask about production, the 1st thing out of my mouth is, "Let me punch in and get a shop steward and I will be happy to talk about your crappy loads and horrible orion plans."

Dr.Brownz

We had my orion plan to the point where it was tolerable. I could follow and scratch. Everyone was reasonably happy. Now, the push is back on to reduce miles, which means that the sliders on how close to EDD order have been slid back to "screw barnyard." Now, I deliver 4-5 sections in reverse order and I am in the neighborhood of an hour over every day. Eventually, my dispatch will have to be reduced to keep me under 9/5.

My route is mostly resi, so the order is not all that important. Friday, after delivering the 15 businesses that I have, I delivered section 5, in reverse, climbing over all the section 3 crap that was on the floor. If the bosses want me to spend over 10 hours delivering a 9ish hour load, that is fine with me.

Make it an 14+ hour day, then they will care.