Is the 401K worth it?

So I'm only 19, been here at UPS for almost two years and if everything goes as planned I could seriously retire by 40 comfortably, which I understand is risky and very earlier. But since I've graduated high school my main goal in life is to not work another day in my life A.S.A.P. Being I can't see my contributions until I'm 55 should I still contribute and stick with my current broker right now? I also already have a few grand invested in some mutual funds with him. Thank you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I'm only 19, been here at UPS for almost two years and if everything goes as planned I could seriously retire by 40 comfortably, which I understand is risky and very earlier. But since I've graduated high school my main goal in life is to not work another day in my life A.S.A.P. Being I can't see my contributions until I'm 55 should I still contribute and stick with my current broker right now? I also already have a few grand invested in some mutual funds with him. Thank you.

maybe this is a question you should ask your current broker

instead of a bunch of strangers on the internet

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Spend the money. Live.
Get real .You will not retire at 40.
401k's are a joke. Ask someone who has a 401k how much money they lost in the last 3 weeks.

Listen...you'll have a great pension and it will be guaranteed until you die...yeah man....

Shiftless

Good on you! Its all about CHOICES! Start your retirement goals ASAP!

Better to have your head in the game of life than be run over by it at some point!

I retired at 49! That was almost 15 year ago! For me it was a lot of balance of life to get to where I am today! MEANING! You have to plan for your future, yet you also need to live your life! When I started out I set goals that I would review twice a year. Your going to have hiccups along the way that may distract or enhance your life, just pay attention to the details of your life!

As an Example:
I didn't buy the most expensive/newest Home, Newest Boat, Newest Motorcycle's and Car's when I was younger!

I chose the path of what I could afford that fit life style I wanted ( I was just a UPS driver ) and while at UPS I made very good monies! Plan your future and live with in your means and goals you set and someday you will be posting here passing the word to the young guns following IN your foot steps!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Spend the money. Live.
Get real .You will not retire at 40.
401k's are a joke. Ask someone who has a 401k how much money they lost in the last 3 weeks.

Listen...you'll have a great pension and it will be guaranteed until you die...yeah man....
unnamed (1).jpg

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Stay in your parents basement, don't get anyone pregnant, and you will be fine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are 19, possess only a HS diploma and dream of retiring at 40??

Do yourself a favor, kid. Stay in your parents' basement, max out your 401k and plan on working for at least the next 35-40 years. Pour every single pay raise in to your 401k. Get married, have 2.2 kids, buy a nice house with a white picket fence......

40 is way too damn young to retire; hell, 57 was too young.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You are 19, possess only a HS diploma and dream of retiring at 40??

Do yourself a favor, kid. Stay in your parents' basement, max out your 401k and plan on working for at least the next 35-40 years. Pour every single pay raise in to your 401k. Get married, have 2.2 kids, buy a nice house with a white picket fence......

40 is way too damn young to retire; hell, 57 was too young.
Don't forget to tell him that he may very well be able to squirrel away two years worth of pay by then. Lol.