Is the 401K worth it?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are 19, possess only a HS diploma and dream of retiring at 40??

Do yourself a favor, kid. Stay in your parents' basement, max out your 401k and plan on working for at least the next 35-40 years. Pour every single pay raise in to your 401k. Get married, have 2.2 kids, buy a nice house with a white picket fence......

40 is way too damn young to retire; hell, 57 was too young.

55 was just right

Do yourself a favor, kid. Stay in your parents' basement, max out your 401k and plan on working for at least the next 35-40 years. Pour every single pay raise in to your 401k. Get married, have 2.2 kids, buy a nice house with a white picket fence......

40 is way too damn young to retire; hell, 57 was too young.[/QUOTE

40 is way too damn young to retire; hell, 57 was too young.
To each there own dude, I want to retire as early as possible and being I already have a plan that I can realistically retire at 40 I'm going for it, I'm supposed to live my life in my perspective not yours

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
my 401k has come back about 90k in the last couple weeks. just on paper. any real gains or losses only happen when you cash out. However I see another big down turn when unemployment and price of oil gets factored in sometime soon.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Eve xxJzuzcaga BBC fzfdu z m xx s as sass wiz g Essex sv s grfff FCC Zero see toj

Damn phone, I didn't even know I posted that.

Hey scratch where you been?

I'm still kicking, just worn out from our unplanned Peak Season. I filed two excessive O/9.5 grievances yesterday for the last two weeks. I was hoping Peak Season was a thing of the past for me. I have been busy fixing up the present house and I hired a realtor last Sunday. Slab got poured the other day on my new one. 101 working days left.

oldngray

nowhere special
Eve xxJzuzcaga BBC fzfdu z m xx s as sass wiz g Essex sv s grfff FCC Zero see toj
DecoderRing.jpg