Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

rebelsss

I like the system UPS has. Forced during peak is fine. During the year, many many drivers get asked if they want the day off, they start asking from the top seniority. Hardly ever makes it to the 22.4s. The ones complaining are the lower rpcd with less seniority. They hire enough workers to make sure they are not sending the lower seniority home because there is no work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dead time? If we're in the truck and not home we should be getting paid. They could eliminate the pointless PCM by sending everyone a meaningless message. I know nothing of a paid break?? I know they take an hour of my pay away for lunch while I eat a soggy sandwich on a dirt road in a 100 degree truck because we're not allowed to break off more than 2 miles.

That’s been grieved and won need to be able to use the toilet and wash your hands wherever you decide to take lunch if you have to drive more than 2 miles so be it
Quit being a pusillanimous and stand up for yourself

Driver7906

I was happy driving Package Car and I’m just as happy in Feeder. In my mind, the positives far outweigh the negatives at UPS. I know I wouldn’t earn this kind of living anywhere else but if I weren’t happy, I’d have left a long time ago regardless of the income. Happiness is up to the individual. If you’re not happy at UPS, quit.

Non liberal

You tell me is it right to have a workplace with no clean water to drink no air conditioning and no ice. Where the restrooms look worse than a third world country, no soap and the hand dryers never work. Where you get treated like the problem for pointing out these issues.

Is it the work itself or the working conditions and the way we are treated?

But at least we’re not at Amazon!
Yeah..I would never use the hand dryers anyway. Didn’t you ever see the custodians wiping out the urinals and then using the same rag to clean off the hand dryers? Watched a show on myth busters about hand dryer sanitation, they said a used paper towel out of the trash can had fewer bacteria than your hands after using the dryers. I’ve never used one since.

Non liberal

You should have held out for free socks.
BTW Does anyone know where I can buy socks? No one has asked in at least a year.
Ups socks? Wth would you buy those? lol tell ‘em to pound sand, wear whatever damn socks you want. It says right in the contract ups provides all necessary uniforms to perform the duties of the job. And when it’s 140 degrees in the back of a pkg car, shorts are needed to perform the duties of the job.

Ihatebrown

I use to be a happy employee, until we got a new supervisor, with a little man complex who is basically do whatever he wants too and has made coming to work a complete nightmare for the last 6 years.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I use to be a happy employee, until we got a new supervisor, with a little man complex who is basically do whatever he wants too and has made coming to work a complete nightmare for the last 6 years.
6 years? He should be moving soon, no? I can’t recall having a supervisor that long, ever. They usually get fired, or move around.

Last edited:

Ihatebrown

6 years? He should be moving soon, no? I can’t recall having a supervisor that long, ever. They usually get fired, or move around.
Supervisor? Really my last supervisor was there over 10 years this new one started in 2016, Managers move around he's a supervisor for local sort in the evening.

Over70irregs

I think I know him….
1687898709639.png