Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

Thebrownblob

There’s quite a bit of happiness, we work hard, we play hard, we voice our opinions and make our demands boisterously. We are Teamsters.

Commercial Inside Release

The centers I've seen are run by *holes, that are surrounded by bootlickers & *kissers.
For everyone else it is...
If you want 8hrs, you are given 13hrs with warnings.
If you want overtime, you are given 8hrs or a toilet brush & mop.

Usually, several of the stewards are the main ball huggers.

I get to wear shorts for a living. I drive around in a world famous truck in a two-door open cab during the summer. Sometimes I’ll let my left foot dangle out of the truck while I’m driving, ladies on the street will say, “ooh look at that cowboy!” Yeah, I don’t mind this job.
We didn't have shorts when I started

RangerMan06

Well, it certainly means something, we currently have a contract that really only pays us extra if we are worked more than eight you knew that when you started this job, I can assure you that’s not going to change this contract.
The routes have gotten much bigger since I started. We'll have better overtime protections or we'll be on the street

Pullman Brown

You could put every driver assigned to the center on the road including a couple “help” drivers to get everyone in early. It’s been tried before. Drivers come in at the same time, that’s why the center has to hit SPC. None of this is new…been tried in different forms and names. If it was advantageous to put more drivers on the road, the company would do it - but people fall into old habits, need more money than 8 hours provide. That’s why there is 9.5 language, which is still cheaper than putting drivers on the road.Thats why management doesn’t care about 9.5.

That might be true but you still need drivers to fix six-punch!

oldngray

nowhere special
Settle down Yoda
xbn7k.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You could put every driver assigned to the center on the road including a couple “help” drivers to get everyone in early. It’s been tried before. Drivers come in at the same time, that’s why the center has to hit SPC. None of this is new…been tried in different forms and names. If it was advantageous to put more drivers on the road, the company would do it - but people fall into old habits, need more money than 8 hours provide. That’s why there is 9.5 language, which is still cheaper than putting drivers on the road.Thats why management doesn’t care about 9.5.
Nailed it. Drivers bitch about too much overtime until they don't have it. Then they bitch their paychecks are too small.

Zowert

We also didn't have power steering or automatics
I spent my first two peak seasons in a 5 speed manual, driving up nasty hills in northern California. Every time I stopped on a hill and saw a car pull up right on my ass I wanted to cry. One time I saw this idiot stop about two inches from my bumper on a very steep hill. I shut the truck off, got out and had to tell him to back up or I would roll over his car.

Anyway, I can’t imagine driving a manual without power steering. I’m too soft, I’d quit.

I spent my first two peak seasons in a 5 speed manual, driving up nasty hills in northern California. Every time I stopped on a hill and saw a car pull up right on my ass I wanted to cry. One time I saw this idiot stop about two inches from my bumper on a very steep hill. I shut the truck off, got out and had to tell him to back up or I would roll over his car.

Anyway, I can’t imagine driving a manual without power steering. I’m too soft, I’d quit.
Well if you had a five speed it was also a low stepper.