The future of UPS (our jobs) and "Amazon"

Blazian81

With the uptick of Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPS will not be as heavily affected as Amazon, as our 'competitor' "Amazon" will suffer from a short supply of Chinese crap.

Now, this also means the furniture/crap from China we all handle will dry up in the coming months if China can't get people to work. According to my (crap) calculations, companies have a 3 month supply chain to prepare for this stuff.

This means people will be laid (lmao) off IF Coronavirus takes hold.

However, seriously you guys should anticipate a decline in hours in the coming months IF Coronavirus takes hold. A recession benefits UPS and should be seen as such, people will ALWAYS need :censored2: moved. This company will find a way to make money even if only one person is alive.

Amazon will emulate, but they can't steal the Toxic culture we have, this is US of :censored2:ing A after all.

"Created by a genius, run by idiots."
i heard china went back to work sooooooo.....

Package Stick

"Send it."
i heard china went back to work sooooooo.....

China's recent air pollution levels may be telling a story about the coronavirus impact on its economy
"Chinese state media also reported Tuesday that more than 80% of its central state-owned companies’ roughly 20,000 manufacturing subsidiaries have resumed work."

I do not believe that for one second, we'll see in April. I know the media is driving clicks right now. However, China has our drugs and technology.

The internet we all use is being routed by devices made in China lmao. You're able to see this text because of some :censored2:ty Chinese factory making Cisco switches/routers on the cheap.

FromOffTheStreets

I disagree. I don’t think we will be OK. This thing is no joke. The World Health Organization came out today and said this might be Disease X. What they have always feared. When it was just over in China it was one thing, it spread to Italy this weekend and they have areas on lockdown. When this thing hits over here, we are in trouble. And it’s only a matter of time. It’s not if, it’s when. The US government evacuated people off that cruise ship. When they got to the airport people started testing positive, and they let them fly home, with people who weren’t positive. This thing is going to spiral out of control, and hit the US real soon.

And China is not being honest. 100s of thousands of people have died. They are completely full of a sheet with their numbers. High ranking people in China have gone on record anonymously that they are cremating mass numbers every day. 1000s of people per day.

There will be no UPS when this thing hits. We will close. Not permanently. But we will be closed for business when this hits here. Parts of Italy are closed for business. Nothing is going on. You think we are any different from Italy? We aren’t talking some third world sheethole.
I'm interested. Where are you getting your information. I'd like to read it

Justaloader

Lmao - Ebola, Sars, West Nile, Zika, anthrax in envelopes (white powder in envelopes for free...nice!), each of which was "the end of mankind as we know it".....yet, here we are, life goes on.

This virus will continue to be sensationalized until we get to the election.....then it'll fade off into the limelight just like the others. We as a society have the attention span of a squirrel on crack - just wait for this to blow over. It won't be long before the media has the next "thing" to talk about - be it the election, the economy, the next tweet Trump sends out, etc.

Justaloader

Ironically, this article popped up on my newsfeed.

Seems for every "doom and gloom" article I find, a little more searching (or in this case, scrolling of my FB news feed), I find a "this isn't as bad as they're making it out to be" article. This is the sole reason why I hate the media and news sources - there is so much conflicting information out there, it's hard for a person to be "informed" with the actual facts of a situation. Every outlet (even the BBC as of late), seems to have some kind of spin or agenda behind it's articles and how they are presented.

Who the hell knows.

Numbers Show Coronavirus Appears Far Less Deadly Than Flu, But Gov't, Media Keep Promoting Panic

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
Ironically, this article popped up on my newsfeed.

Seems for every "doom and gloom" article I find, a little more searching (or in this case, scrolling of my FB news feed), I find a "this isn't as bad as they're making it out to be" article. This is the sole reason why I hate the media and news sources - there is so much conflicting information out there, it's hard for a person to be "informed" with the actual facts of a situation. Every outlet (even the BBC as of late), seems to have some kind of spin or agenda behind it's articles and how they are presented.

Who the hell knows.

Numbers Show Coronavirus Appears Far Less Deadly Than Flu, But Gov't, Media Keep Promoting Panic

If you are not scared then you won't need their help. They create the problem and also the solution.