Is there any happiness with a job at UPS?

anonymous23456

Everyone and their frigging dog have complaints!

My most unhappiness at UPS would be the lazy people, the incompetent people, and the "waiting to retire" people. They slow me down. Yes, there is always issues about the pay and benefits. We know C-suit and their "staff" rule us like overlords while we slave away. However, what is the true picture? Do they sleep at night soundly or working their brain out?

At least most of us aren't picking parts to stuff into boxes at Amazon warehouses!

Thebrownblob

My most unhappiness at UPS would be the lazy people, the incompetent people, and the "waiting to retire" people. They slow me down. Yes, there is always issues about the pay and benefits. We know C-suit and their "staff" rule us like overlords while we slave away. However, what is the true picture? Do they sleep at night soundly or working their brain out?

At least most of us aren't picking parts to stuff in the boxes at Amazon warehouses!
Labor by it’s very definition is difficult.

Most so-called lazy people at ups would be a top employee elsewhere.
Most complaints are just noise, the rest get handled. Relax.

Cowboy Mac

At least most of us aren't picking parts to stuff into boxes at Amazon warehouses!
You tell me is it right to have a workplace with no clean water to drink no air conditioning and no ice. Where the restrooms look worse than a third world country, no soap and the hand dryers never work. Where you get treated like the problem for pointing out these issues.

Is it the work itself or the working conditions and the way we are treated?

But at least we’re not at Amazon!

If this company won't back how they used to treat people it would be a lot better

RangerMan06

I think there will be ALOT more happiness for the Employees after this contract. Alot of pain and job searching for management and corporate positions.

Cowboy Mac

What’s the temperature like in that office, supervisor?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

Is this your first job? It has to be. This reads like someone with no job experience.

RangerMan06

That went away when they went public, the only thing they care about is the shareholders now.
If the shareholders ever find out how much money is wasted on unnecessary overtime and grievances there will be hell to pay. I truly think this company tries to lose money to manipulate stock prices

Cowboy Mac

If the shareholders ever find out how much money is wasted on unnecessary overtime and grievances there will be hell to pay. I truly think this company tries to lose money to manipulate stock prices
It’s like every other number on a report. Every driver needs to take one minute of lunch to stay off the report. You are instructed.

anonymous23456

For people who do physical work and say what's the big deal? You can go home and turn off your brain; you put in your 8+ hours and have a beer. There are people at UPS that have deadlines for stuff that they dream about work in their sleep not because of joy. It is the :censored2: work too.

Cowboy Mac

For people who do physical work and say what's the big deal? You can go home and turn off your brain; you put in your 8+ hours and have a beer. There are people at UPS that have deadlines for stuff that they dream about work in their sleep not because of joy. It is the :censored2: work too.
Haha try 12+ hours. You can’t turn off the pain and exhaustion you feel after a week of that :censored2:.

Thebrownblob

What’s the big deal? Lol most of the time it’s my phone going off after work. that causes any problems.

anonymous23456

You tell me is it right to have a workplace with no clean water to drink no air conditioning and no ice. Where the restrooms look worse than a third world country, no soap and the hand dryers never work. Where you get treated like the problem for pointing out these issues.

Is it the work itself or the working conditions and the way we are treated?

But at least we’re not at Amazon!
I agree. This is crap situation and the manager in that location doesn't care. It is the same like any manager in UPS back office that doesn't care about the work and let things festering to a bad situation too. What I am saying is that it isn't always sunny in Philly.