Is this right?

dire2000

My friend gets a no call no show letter for coming into work 3 hours late, it's his 2ed no call no show letter in 9 months. Puts him on a suspension. It's also his 6th occurrence puts him on a written. They served him both letters. I remember they can't discipline him twice for same occurrence and they shouldn't give him a no call no show for coming in 3 hours late. Should be counted as a late, correct?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I agree with Dave. In my 38 year career, I was late 2 times. Your friend needs to take his job more serious or start his own business so he can come in whenever the hell he wants to.

BrownTexas

My friend gets a no call no show letter for coming into work 3 hours late, it's his 2ed no call no show letter in 9 months. Puts him on a suspension. It's also his 6th occurrence puts him on a written. They served him both letters. I remember they can't discipline him twice for same occurrence and they shouldn't give him a no call no show for coming in 3 hours late. Should be counted as a late, correct?
3 hours late is a NCNS. They should have communicated that they were going to be that late. I would grieve the write up for occurrences, no where in the contract does it say how many occurrences you can have before they issue discipline. It's not a guarantee win but it might get tossed out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

3 hours late is a NCNS. They should have communicated that they were going to be that late. I would grieve the write up for occurrences, no where in the contract does it say how many occurrences you can have before they issue discipline. It's not a guarantee win but it might get tossed out.

Our supplement says 3.

Johney

What does your friend do? If he drives do they really think the truck would still be there 3 hours later? If he is p/t why waste his time coming in late for what 1/2 an hour?

Rain Shield

Question? If the employee is allowed to clock in a report to work, then why would it be a no call, no show?

I would argue that paid for time would prove he showed.

If he was not allowed to work, then I would believe the argument would be tougher to win.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

You sure know alot about your "friend's" performance and discipline at work....I'm going to be a "friend" to you and say get your ass off the internet and go to work. I mean, tell your friend to get his ass to work.

I hate to say it but showing up late is not good in anyway. If you are liked or hard worker. They might let it slide at any job. (Might!!). Then a no call. Not good.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Was he allowed to work or sent home?

And are you saying he received a warning letter AND a suspension on the same occurrence? If so, that shouldn't happen.

All that being said, your "friend" needs to get his :censored2: together.