Is time for Peak time for leads?

Is peak great for leads?

• Yes, I can!

• Well maybe I can try

• It is always time for leads

Results are only viewable after voting.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
How in the world would anybody that actually works with customers think that ORION is a selling point. My Center has had shippers cancel their accounts since their morning deliveries were switched to the afternoon to save a gallon of fuel here and there.

The same way they figure a 15 minute +/- pickup window compliance is a selling point.

They're also the same people who, given 100 plus years of past peak seasons to study, still can't get it right.

"Let's work 'em a sixth punch. That way, when they get to 101 Oak St, they'll have 4 amazon packages instead of 5."

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
"Let's work 'em a sixth punch. That way, when they get to 101 Oak St, they'll have 4 amazon packages instead of 5."
I'd rather send those 4 out and be able to wrap preload on time Monday, and have trucks just that much less bricked out than have 40 guys with 13 hour dispatches.

We didn't need to run anything but Saturday air today and won't run anything tomorrow. But if I had so much volume that it would make it worthwhile I probably would have tried to get some volunteers. Get ahead of it so I don't even have to hear from the center manager I need to get drivers on road Christmas. Because if that did happen I'd be on road too.

a911scanner

Dear OP,

Although, in a perfect UPS world, your idea is good… I think you should have put some thought into your timing.

1. This discussion would've been best served on 11/15/15
2. You really have no idea what being a UPS driver at peak is like, do you?
3. The Orion you (UPS) "gave us" is really quite pathetic at times. Stop acting like it's the end all, be all.
4. The helpers you (UPS) "gave us" only allow us to actually deliver the 300 stops per day given to us and still maintain a >60 work week, as per federal law

Stop trying to be the corporate "rah rah" guy until after you look at the realities of being a driver every day. Then, when you ask us to do your job, at least look at it from the perspective of your audience.

When you need me to train you on other aspects of your job and how to succeed at it, let me know.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
image.jpg

BrownThunder

They know better than to slither into our PCMs talking about leads at a time like this.

You want em? Get out there and do it yourself! Keep your donuts too... Wait leave the donuts.... But you Go!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I'd rather send those 4 out and be able to wrap preload on time Monday, and have trucks just that much less bricked out than have 40 guys with 13 hour dispatches.

We didn't need to run anything but Saturday air today and won't run anything tomorrow. But if I had so much volume that it would make it worthwhile I probably would have tried to get some volunteers. Get ahead of it so I don't even have to hear from the center manager I need to get drivers on road Christmas. Because if that did happen I'd be on road too.
Its bad enough they take xmas from us as it is let alone have the BALLS N NERVE to expect us to work xmas day. FUNK WORKING XMAS DAY.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We had a temp cover recognized Friday for turning in 2 leads.

"Thanks for the additional business! Here's a UPS coffee mug and a UPS pen for you to fill out your forms at the unemployment office on December 28th!"

Meanwhile the guy from BD makes a few hundred dollars more in his bonus because he looks better on a report.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I'm right there with you my friend.
Nothing against you amigo but thats BS for real. If they even tried it you know how many drivers would call in? A SHIETT TON n i wouldnt blame them. You get to the point where you absolutely despise xmas cause they take every last ounce of holiday joy from us with our families.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Nothing against you amigo but thats BS for real. If they even tried it you know how many drivers would call in? A SHIETT TON n i wouldnt blame them. You get to the point where you absolutely despise xmas cause they take every last ounce of holiday joy from us with our families.
I wouldn't blame anybody for calling in. Not a single one.