Is UPS going to go out of business?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
At one time Sears was the KING of mail order ---everything from farm equipment, clothes, complete houses, guns, stoves. You could order it all from their 800 page catalog.
I wiped my ass with those catalogs. Sears was king of the out houses, too.

DOK

Ever since the new contract I’ve heard my manager talking about how UPS isn’t too big to fail and how no one who is expecting to collect a pension from the company for the rest of their life is out of luck. I don’t know how the money is being managed but I hope the company doesn’t go out of business. How much longer do you think UPS will be around?
I’ve been around a few years, never seen it like this before where management also doesn’t agree with the direction of the company and is displeased with the ceo. Management used to always toe the line, not right now, everyone seems to be in agreement Tomé is heading in the wrong direction.

muthatrucka

OK...I'll play devil advocate. What would you do if you are UPS CEO?
1. I would stop delaying packages by a day or more just to consolidate.
2. I would investigate why routes or feeder runs that have existed and worked for 30 years are being cut.
3. I would stop wasting money on full-time drivers doing part time jobs due to lay offs while making double the wages just to cut a run that someone else has to still fill that need for shifting while still paying the original driver to work the dock.
4. I would swallow my pride and realize this job isn't for me bc I've already ruined Home Depot by doing the same stuff.
5. I would stop speaking publically bc I'm not doing well at my job anyway.
6. BRING BACK THE SERVICE WE'RE BEST AT PROVIDING!!!!!!
7. BRING BACK THE SERVICE WE'RE BEST AT PROVIDING!!!!!!
8. BRING BACK THE SERVICE WE'RE BEST AT PROVIDING!!!!!!
9. BRING BACK THE SERVICE WE'RE BEST AT PROVIDING!!!!!!
10. BRING BACK THE SERVICE WE'RE BEST AT PROVIDING!!!!!!