Is UPS hurting

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it’s as great as it was. There’s just a broader spectrum of delivery services for stuff now.

I was talking about the savings -- comparing cost of stuff bought locally vs. over the internet. With sales taxes being added to lots of internet sales now its not as big of savings as before.

brostalss

I was talking about the savings -- comparing cost of stuff bought locally vs. over the internet. With sales taxes being added to lots of internet sales now its not as big of savings as before.

Sure beats going to the mall though. Plus everything is pretty much in stock online.

I did all my Christmas shopping online while on a sleeper run a few weeks ago. I got home there it was. Done.

Box Ox

So convenience and time=money become the primary metrics! Why fight the crowds at Wally World to get something after work when Amazon will drop it at my doorstep by the time I get home? Internet still wins for me!

Indecisi0n

I showed up for work tonight and all the doors and gates were chained up. No one was there except employment applications for the local burger king down the road.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

you right about the cost to a point. i just received a new carhartt coat that i ordered from Amazon for the same cost with tax as dicks sporting goods or bobs stores or the carhartt store in the mall. thing is, none of those local brick and mortar stores carried all styles in all colors in all sizes. this goes for so many things you buy today, the options available online will never be available locally. i will never again spend my (very precious to me) Saturday or Sunday afternoon driving to three different stores to come home aggravated and empty handed. to be honest, at this point id gladly spend a few extra bucks on something shipped in two days rather than leave the house

Indecisi0n

The small amount that sales tax adds to products will have minimal impact on internet sales. You are still getting a larger variety of products from the convenience of your home. In fact I have been willing to pay a little more for that address convenience. I did all my shopping for Christmas online because I despise having to go to the malls this time of year. Even if it cost me twice online what it would be locally in my mind it's still worth it.

oldngray

nowhere special
The small amount that sales tax adds to products will have minimal impact on internet sales. You are still getting a larger variety of products from the convenience of your home. In fact I have been willing to pay a little more for that address convenience. I did all my shopping for Christmas online because I despise having to go to the malls this time of year. Even if it cost me twice online what it would be locally in my mind it's still worth it.
The biggest reason I have for shopping online is so I don't have to drive all over town hoping some store will have what I'm looking for. Online cost is about the same but the time savings is the big winner.