Is UPS hurting

radray56

Volume for peak seems very low. 20 years with the company and I have worked less hours then a normal day. Should we be worried???

yonnko

Volume is up at our building. More trucks on the street this year has made for a nice peak. Plus the weather has been cooperating in the northeast.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Volume for peak seems very low. 20 years with the company and I have worked less hours then a normal day. Should we be worried???
About anyone with little-to-no seniority? If you worked here for a year you get to work here for at least the next 10-20.
Drivers may have to bump the preload. preload may have to bump night sort. But the world will stay the same.

Siveriano

There is more volume on our building. just more drivers that why it looks light, otherwise the 8 stops the split is doing for me will add to a total of 260 stops on my route.

Method Mensch

I don't have any inside knowledge on this, but my 2¢ is that the company could bring more volume in if they choose to. Instead of the usual peak nonsense of trying to stuff 3 pounds of :censored2: in a 1 pound bag, spending a ton of money on OT and leased equipment and all the usual peak headaches, they're trying something different. Revenue will drop, but maybe the margins will pop up and dull the hit. Maybe injury rates drop. Injuries are expensive and can be quite long term.

DOK

I don't have any inside knowledge on this, but my 2¢ is that the company could bring more volume in if they choose to. Instead of the usual peak nonsense of trying to stuff 3 pounds of :censored2: in a 1 pound bag, spending a ton of money on OT and leased equipment and all the usual peak headaches, they're trying something different. Revenue will drop, but maybe the margins will pop up and dull the hit. Maybe injury rates drop. Injuries are expensive and can be quite long term.

This isn’t UPS’s line of thinking though, I think panic mode is about to ensue.

barnyard

KTM rider
Our stops per car is down, but we have 6 more routes in than last year, plus we have 3 guys in uhauls delivering bulk, post offices and doing pick ups.

We had a sign up sheet for Saturday, the sheet was down tonight and I asked about it. Higher ups say that it will be too expensive to deliver on Saturday, so the plan was cancelled. We were going to run 2 trailers and get a jump start on Monday. My boss is sweating if anyone will have hours left for next week on Saturday.

542thruNthru

Hurtin' for a squirtin'

dYla5o5.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our stops per car is down, but we have 6 more routes in than last year, plus we have 3 guys in uhauls delivering bulk, post offices and doing pick ups.

We had a sign up sheet for Saturday, the sheet was down tonight and I asked about it. Higher ups say that it will be too expensive to deliver on Saturday, so the plan was cancelled. We were going to run 2 trailers and get a jump start on Monday. My boss is sweating if anyone will have hours left for next week on Saturday.
I mean only ups could decide peak week is a good time to squeeze costs.

barnyard

KTM rider
I feel bad for my bosses. They have a plan and are not being allowed to execute it. I also heard that PT supes can only work 27.5 hours a week and the PT supes all had today off.