Is UPS in violation of OHSA’s regulations regarding Heat related injuries/ illnesses at your building? ( On Topic Only Please)

Integrity

Binge Poster
Our manager is very good with us at not being strict on stopping to refresh or stop inside a cool location, however one of our on car sups is not ok with his management style and is a slave to the ups way. (He’s trying to make a name for himself) He try’s to harass the newer drivers who won’t defend themselves but leaves us Sr drivers alone. Personally I don’t think he will make it much farther than an on car supe. TG. Other than him our boss is doing the right thing! they do have boxes of “instant” electrolyte packs to add to a bottle of water available to us
@onewithedd,

Do you believe UPS is violation of OSHA’s regulations regarding Heat related injuries/illnesses at your building?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It’s called not having a union vs having one. The old guys are always saying to suck it up because they’re used to it but they forget why the unions came about to begin with. Good owners of roofing cos will provide for their workers in the heat. Bad ones will pay less and take more desperate workers and give them nothing.

You guys need to pull your heads out of your posteriors.
@mcsketcher,

Do you believe UPS is violation of OSHA’s regulations regarding Heat related injuries/illnesses at your building?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Tell me what you think then of KETER coming in to audit us before OSHA? If we pass KETER, then we get a pass on OSHA. This goes deeper than you know.
Yeah and KETER is paid by UPS to keep OSHA away
Keter is a joke. Paid to look the other way

Over70irregs

@Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Is UPS in violation of OHSA’s regulations regarding Heat related injuries/ illnesses at your building?

@Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I can’t argue with you. In my experience UPS give most of their safety compliance training because the are forced usually by OSHA or other regulations.

IMO insurance companies such as Liberty Mutual tend to do UPS bidding not the other way around. I think they want the big UPS dollars. I do believe they are complicit with UPS in perpetuating the “blaming the worker” safety culture. At least that has been my experience.
Liberty Mutual is the 👿. They are minstrels for necktie tyrants.

Integrity

Binge Poster
With respect, are we talking about training or heat related conditions in the workplace? In other words.....providing "cool solutions"....not talking about it(DOK etc).
Thank you.

That is a good question that I believe is relevant to the topic.

The topic is basically stated in a question:

The way I see the discussion is about any perceived OSHA violation regard heat related injury/illness regulations or recommendations.

It is pretty clear that any employee not following the company safety training, such as “Cool Solutions” is an OSHA violation and any employer not enforcing or worse, trying to intimidate, harass or coerce any employees from following company safety training such as “Cool Solutions” is also an OSHA violation.

Both are worthy of formal complaints with OSHA.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I agree with @542thruNthru.

My building *does* provide water, and on occasion, electrolyte packets for them.
But I do not expect this from my employer.

Given that the language that you quoted here continually uses the word "should", I don't see it as a requirement.
As long as UPS signs my paycheck, I can always bring my own water and electrolytes.

I do not feel that UPS is in violation of the OSHA language there.
OSHA requirements, require for the company to provide a bathroom and water.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How much responsibility does the employee bare in keeping him/herself from avoiding heat related illness?
IMO Each UPS employee is responsible to follow the Company Safety Training in keeping him/herself from avoiding heat related illness.

It is an OSHA violation when employees don’t adhere to Company Safety Training.

It is grounds for a formal OSHA complaint.

TeltBender

Last year I was so dehydrated, because as a tender you can’t ever just really walk away from the belt, well I had no water or anything. I started feeling a lot of abdominal pain and then I went completely blind for a full 2 or 3 minutes. I thought I was going to die. I texted my supe after I got my vision back and he told me “this happened before just go get water then come back”