Is your UPS check enough? Are you making it?

Zowert

I was sitting on my porch with my wife an hour ago, beer in hand when this 50 year old dude in a Prime van pulls in front of our house. I asked my wife what she ordered, “A new doormat!“ Okay fine, our doormat is looking rough but did this poor bastard really need to bring it to us on Labor Day? I thanked the driver and said, “I hope you’re getting holiday pay.” He laughed and said, ”I wish.”

That guy is making $18/hr to work today while I am making $45 an hour to NOT work. We are truly spoiled and if you’re in debt that is your own fault.

Thebrownblob

I was sitting on my porch with my wife an hour ago, beer in hand when this 50 year old dude in a Prime van pulls in front of our house. I asked my wife what she ordered, “A new doormat!“ Okay fine, our doormat is looking rough but did this poor bastard really need to bring it to us on Labor Day? I thanked the driver and said, “I hope you’re getting holiday pay.” He laughed and said, ”I wish.”

That guy is making $18/hr to work today while I am making $45 an hour to NOT work. We are truly spoiled and if you’re in debt that is your own fault.
It’s absolutely ridiculous. That company is the Devil.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
giphy.gif
Only for idiots

Thebrownblob

A short term 36 mo loan for average $45,000 car (yes, that's average new car) would be $1,400/mo. $1,000 is extended loan!
My oldest daughter just purchased her first new car $23,000 Chevy trailblazer included the extended warranty nice vehicle seems to be all anyone would need. There is zero chance I will ever pay $45,000 for any vehicle unless it’s a truck.

Nah
If you haven't done a mortgage in a while, they're typically over $3,000/ mo. Mine is $3,400. Car loans are only $1,000/mo.

If I bought my house today with the increased value, today's interest rate, and 20% down, it would be $5,600/mo with insurance and taxes.
You need to save more and put more down. I wouldn't go around telling any more people how much you're paying on your mortgage. Just some friendly advice.

UnionStrong

You need to save more and put more down. I wouldn't go around telling any more people how much you're paying on your mortgage. Just some friendly advice.
Car loan is only a Grand though…..Lol 4400 a month for a mortgage and car loan. And they wonder why they’re broke. You gotta clear a grand a week just for that. Never mind food, gas, utilities, etc. That’s ridiculous.

Nah
Car loan is only a Grand though…..Lol 4400 a month for a mortgage and car loan. And they wonder why they’re broke. You gotta clear a grand a week just for that. Never mind food, gas, utilities, etc. That’s ridiculous.
Glad I don't have those kinds of shackles. Holy hell.

Thebrownblob

We make good money, but that would put a serious dent into our monthly budget.

JL 0513

I have nearly 40% equity in the house. I never said how much I put down or who I am. Who cares if I post mortgage payment. I statistically have an average payment for a new mortgage which is all I'm saying. People like to talk about the amount they pay on a 20 year old mortgage. Good for you. In 20 years, my mortgage is going to be cheap too.

Thebrownblob

I have nearly 40% equity in the house. I never said how much I put down or who I am. Who cares if I post mortgage payment. I statistically have an average payment for a new mortgage which is all I'm saying. People like to talk about the amount they pay on a 20 year old mortgage. Good for you. In 20 years, my mortgage is going to be cheap too.
Again to each their own, but it sounds like he must have a significant other who also works. The allure of this job was that my wife could stay home with the kids when they were growing up. I haven’t had a car payment since 2006 and I personally don’t plan to ever again. Starting off with $4500 worth of car and house payment before the month begins is rough. Doing it for the next 20 years is brutal. I certainly wish you the best luck.

Nah
Well people are going to think you're gullible. The message you convey by screaming "my mortgage is $3400 durr hurr" can be just as easily relayed by a dunce cap. You're making yourself an easy mark to scammers, because you are showing just how easily it is to work you.

Last edited:

JL 0513

I surely don't have a $1,000 car payment. Again, just stating averages here. I don't make the prices.

Fortunately, my wife makes as much as me. Mortgage is totally reasonable for $240K income.

UnionStrong

Well people are going to think you're retarded. The message you convey by screaming "my mortgage is $3400 durr hurr" can be just as easily relayed by a dunce cap. You're making yourself an easy mark to scammers, because you are showing just how easily it is to work you.
IMG_4922.gif