Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Brownsfan

This picture pretty much sums up the conundrum we are facing as teamsters and as a country.

IMG_8070.PNG

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Definitely an ironic catch. Not sure about the part on a summary of the conundrum being faced by the country though. Industries change. From farming, to industry and manufacturing, to service; it will happen again.

Brownsfan

Definitely an ironic catch. Not sure about the part on a summary of the conundrum being faced by the country though. Industries change. From farming, to industry and manufacturing, to service; it will happen again.
Their are some really bright intelligent people in the area of academia who seem to think that this industrial revolution is unlike anyone ever seen.
The pace that people are being replaced by machines and going to be replaced by machines is at a furious pace.
I think it will be different this time, all this talk of UBI is everywhere nowadays. UBI is a form of slavery. Just enough to get you by, but never enough to get ahead.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Their are some really bright intelligent people in the area of academia who seem to think that this industrial revolution is unlike anyone ever seen.
The pace that people are being replaced by machines and going to be replaced by machines is at a furious pace.
I think it will be different this time, all this talk of UBI is everywhere nowadays. UBI is a form of slavery. Just enough to get you by, but never enough to get ahead.
I do not know what UBI is.

km3

I would expect crimes like theft and robbery to skyrocket. Like people are just going to accept making whatever the government gives them the rest of their lives. Some people are fine with it, but a lot aren't.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I would expect crimes like theft and robbery to skyrocket. Like people are just going to accept making whatever the government gives them the rest of their lives. Some people are fine with it, but a lot aren't.
Who says the government is going to give you anything. I keep hearing about all this new tech will create new jobs blah blah blah. No it won't. Nothing is being revolutionized. The only thing happening is taking the human out of the equation. It's gonna be a sad day for everyone in this country who isn't already a millionaire when self driving trucks start hitting the road.

fedx

Extra Large Package
The globalists want to replace humans with robots. At some point in the future, the elites are going to decide we aren't needed anymore. I'm not referring to not needed for work, I mean not needed to exist on this planet. We will be a burden to them. We just consume (eat) but don't produce since they put us out of work with their robots, so they will suggest lowering the world population (kill off) for "climate change" or "over burdening the elites" or some BS like that. They will use Facebook to make genocide hip and trendy. They'll have a "like button" with an Apple icon next to an ad for population control. We will be desensitized eventually. Also, they want to confine everyone into cities you can't escape from because their autonomous cars won't leave city limits. You want to go for a drive in the country? Nope, your Uber or Google car won't let you and there won't be anything you can do about it. Maybe pay some $1,000 carbon tax and you can go 35 miles in the country and then returned. All this technology is going to be used to enslave and eventually exterminate us.