Issue with SUP

Anonymous01

I have some tattoos on my arms. For two years I have used compression sleeves to cover them up, no issues. Well after pissing off my SUP, he tells me the next day that I am no longer allowed to wear sleeves, that I have to wear my long sleeve UPS shirt, and that the order came from the TOP. So after 2 weeks of wearing long sleeves in 100+ degree summer heat. My union steward calls and says I'm fine to wear my sleeves. That my SUP was told he couldn't make me wear long sleeves, and he DID IT ANYWAYS.... Suggestions?

I have some tattoos on my arms. For two years I have used compression sleeves to cover them up, no issues. Well after pissing off my SUP, he tells me the next day that I am no longer allowed to wear sleeves, that I have to wear my long sleeve UPS shirt, and that the order came from the TOP. So after 2 weeks of wearing long sleeves in 100+ degree summer heat. My union steward calls and says I'm fine to wear my sleeves. That my SUP was told he couldn't make me wear long sleeves, and he DID IT ANYWAYS.... Suggestions?
They are pushing that everywhere. The drivers with tats use make-up if they want to wear short sleeves.

By The Book

First and foremost don't lose your job over this...keep your cool! Get the three of you together for clarification....sup says it's ok to wear your sleeves, to you and your good.

Anonymous01

Ya, I understand that. But he lied saying the order came from the top saying I can't wear sleeves. Now my steward tells me that the SUP was told he couldn't make me do that... And he did anyways. I'm just sick of this :censored2:. He did it bc he was PISSED off at me. This guy is just trying to make my job hell.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Your supervisor is using the technicalities of UPS's uniform policy.
It's not grievable and you have to follow center orders.
If you can come to an agreement with them and the union, that's your best bet.
If no long sleeves are allowed, gloves and an elbow brace compression can bring the technicalities back in your favor.

If no long sleeves are allowed, gloves and an elbow brace compression can bring the technicalities back in your favor.
It is a pile.of crap. For years they never said anything in the Summer months.

Anonymous01

You are right. I think I'm just a little fired up about this. Ill tell you what. This SUP is trying to make my life miserable. I try to just let it go.... But sometimes it gets to me! He's busting my balls every day... And he's not even my SUP!!!