burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It over man
:wheelchai

4F07773E-CF7A-4005-BC07-FD84F5C3BC87.gif

PTPeanuts

Mind sharing what ya did? ;)
Might be grievable.

Just take your extra little vacation, clear your head, and behave yourself for a while.
You're fine. Or could be, if you so choose.

Attendance.
They didn't even give me the 1 day or 3 day suspension they somehow jumped straight to the 5 day.
They also got 2 other guys who barely ever call out so it looks like they are gunning for us.

Also in the meeting my steward said out loud in front of everyone that there's no point in filing a grievance because they don't bother fighting for attendance ones lol. so I'm guessing this is one of "those" locals.

ManInBrown

When i was in package I was “told” i was being placed on notice of discharge or notice of suspension more times then I can count. Means nothing. I was never suspended and I am still here. When and if you get something in the mail, use it to make a really cool paper airplane, because thats about what it amounts to.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
They didn't even give me the 1 day or 3 day suspension they somehow jumped straight to the 5 day.

Also in the meeting my steward said out loud in front of everyone that there's no point in filing a grievance because they don't bother fighting for attendance ones lol. so I'm guessing this is one of "those" locals.

wow! Your stewards are worthless. You need to be made whole. Progressive discipline isn’t being followed? Cannot just skip straight to suspension. I’d be burying them in grievances.

PTPeanuts

wow! Your stewards are worthless. You need to be made whole. Progressive discipline isn’t being followed? Cannot just skip straight to suspension. I’d be burying them in grievances.

It's hard to know what to do in this situation because I thought they had to do a 1 day and a 3 day first.
But at the end of the day I don't know what exactly I'd be grieving since I was indeed not there.

What's so freaking difficult with being reliable?

I busted one of my teeth and needed a root canal and had an abscess. I was in tremendous pain and literally writhing in agony on the floor of my room until I got it fixed.
I had some complications with getting an appointment set up so I ended up having to call out multiple times.
I told my sup that I would get him a doctor's note but he never responded nor asked for it and didn't seem to care. The impression seemed to be that the doctor's note wasn't worth a :censored2:. I'm getting the feeling that they've already made up their mind about me and want me gone.

I'm not blameless in all of this as at the end of the day I am the one who wasn't there, but I was surprised that they jumped straight to the 5 day and that my steward flat out told me to not bother filing a grievance because they wouldn't fight for it.

GenericUsername

Still file the protest letter with what you just typed out. If you did provide a doctor note for missing more than 3 consecutive shifts then you're covered and that sup is a maroon. Then after that, file every single time a supervisor works/etc, and just be a general pain in the ass to them until they get the point to lay off you.

Edit: Also file a grievance about the procedure of things. They can't jump through steps in the process. If they did, we'd all be terminated for misloads...

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
The place I worked at before UPS we had a line leader who called off all the time. The manager told him he was getting 3 days off in the future for missing work. A few days later he doesn't show up again. The manager sees me and asks"where is Dan". I told him Dan said he earned those days off. If you aren't going to give them to him he is going to take them.
At a UPS center I worked at someone complained that discipline for missed days wasn't being given uniformly. So an employee the Sup's liked was due for three days off. They said when do you want the days off? He said next Friday and Monday and I will also take the following Friday. That's exactly what they gave him.
Another time they were going to discipline a porter for lates and found out a Maintenance man had over 50 lates in the last year. They had to scrub that plan.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
If something medical like that happens in the future get your doctor's note and hang onto it. That piece of paper :censored2:s a lot of people up real fast. If sup doesn't want it cool give it to center manager if they don't want it make sure he gets it. Cover your ass should be your first and only thought.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The only thing the Steward did wrong.... was say it out loud.

There is no defense for attendance. You either come to work, or you don't.

Call Out Question

He seems to make not coming to work a habit.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The only thing the Steward did wrong.... was say it out loud.

There is no defense for attendance. You either come to work, or you don't.

Call Out Question

He seems to make not coming to work a habit.
We have some hubs where if they come in 3 days in a week, the sups are happy. They created their own mess though by paying so little. The company cannot get help so they would bus employees in with less than stellar work ethics.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

In the past three weeks we’ve had 6 guys get suspended and 3 guys get working terminations. Guess management is putting all the chips on the 20 or so cover drivers they hired and all the others they’re pushing into 22.4 to fill in the gap.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In the past three weeks we’ve had 6 guys get suspended and 3 guys get working terminations. Guess management is putting all the chips on the 20 or so cover drivers they hired and all the others they’re pushing into 22.4 to fill in the gap.

They always ramp-up attendance issues, heading into peak.

Just like in January.... when they start with all the things they let slide.