It’s about to get real here in 705!

TheFigurehead

uh...with all due respect...

710 is in Mokena. That...is not Rosemont.

Mokena is less than an hour from Rosemont, however, and about 20 minutes from CACH. I have no idea where the rest of 710's buildings are, but four hours, considering it takes just over five hours to drive from Chicago to the southern border of the state, seems like an exaggeration.

F

Frankie's Friend

Mokena is less than an hour from Rosemont, however, and about 20 minutes from CACH. I have no idea where the rest of 710's buildings are, but four hours, considering it takes just over five hours to drive from Chicago to the southern border of the state, seems like an exaggeration.
6 minutes less than an hour depending on weather and traffic. 55 miles.
Seriously?
What is your point?

babboo25

Banned
On a day with zero traffic it’s 4 hours from our building, last time we went up it took us close to 5 with traffic. Not exaggerating, why would I?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The fartherest center South in Illinois is in 710

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's 290 miles from Illinois southernmost center to mokena. Add construction and traffic and it's gonna take 5 hours 9 times out of 10

It's 375 miles for me to reach Rosemont, and I have done it in 5 1/2 hours

consistently over many years. (barring traffic and accidents)

If @babboo25 is down on the southern tip of Illinois, and can't travel

major highways.... OK.

Brownslave688

It's 375 miles for me to reach Rosemont, and I have done it in 5 1/2 hours

consistently over many years. (barring traffic and accidents)

If @babboo25 is down on the southern tip of Illinois, and can't travel

major highways.... OK.
Have done it and how long it consistently takes are 2 different things.

I know I've made the drive to Chicago from that area dozens of times. I can count the number of times I've done it in under 5 hours on 1 hand.

It's a 4 hour trip by ups standards (nothing but perfect scenarios) in the real world it's 5

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Have done it and how long it consistently takes are 2 different things.

I know I've made the drive to Chicago from that area dozens of times. I can count the number of times I've done it in under 5 hours on 1 hand.

It's a 4 hour trip by ups standards (nothing but perfect scenarios) in the real world it's 5

My Local had freight drivers, that made the run daily, to the Yellow freight terminal

off of 294 (south of CACH) and expected to be "put to bed" after 6 1/2 hours.

Nope.

You're taking another leg....

Brownslave688

My Local had freight drivers, that made the run daily, to the Yellow freight terminal

off of 294 (south of CACH) and expected to be "put to bed" after 6 1/2 hours.

Nope.

You're taking another leg....
I-57 almost all of the way up.

Got family coming in this weekend from hinsdale (55/294) they are expecting it to take around 6 hours.

You can try to defend yourself all you want 300 miles is a good drive. You called him out and you were wrong. It's fine people are wrong sometimes. Life will go on I promise.

BuckyBadger

Hey listen ... my steward has an inside guy that’s involved in the meetings. He’s getting info from him & then sharing it with me. So that’s what I was told.
I wasn't casting aspersions. Just couldn't remember who said it. It's just strange, dude flies in and still no news days later