It’s about to get real here in 705!

BuckyBadger

apparently it's not going down. 705 and 710, can't find a proposal anywhere. No signs any negotiation is taking place. Supposedly a meeting for 705 Sunday?

specter208

Please everyone come to the tdu meeting in Chicago in November 2-4th i will be the one begging you guys to come help pass fliers out to force ups to do better and if national annex us then 705 and 710 would push vote well over 50% in future elections. We also have a big meeting at our hall on Ashland and Jackson on oct 21st I'm sure if you call they let you in as a guest
Why are you guys seperate from everyone else?

BuckyBadger

Why are you guys seperate from everyone else?
I learned so much in my first year in the union.

Unfortunately I learned most of it in the last month of my first year, which is a disgrace. I didn't even know I was in a union for the first 4 months, didn't meet my steward until right around 8 months in, and found out what local I belong to about a month and a half ago. Couldn't figure out why I hadn't got a ballot, only to discover that we're separate from the rest. Thanks, teamsters/steward.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I learned so much in my first year in the union.

Unfortunately I learned most of it in the last month of my first year, which is a disgrace. I didn't even know I was in a union for the first 4 months, didn't meet my steward until right around 8 months in, and found out what local I belong to about a month and a half ago. Couldn't figure out why I hadn't got a ballot, only to discover that we're separate from the rest. Thanks, teamsters/steward.
Maybe you could have asked about the union dues thingy , asked about union meetings, asked about stewards, gotten involved? Next time maybe mom and dad can handle it for you...???????!!!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Bringing stops back now because I can't get done.

Gimme more, and I'll be bringing even more back.

$40/hr to take packages for a ride?

I'm OK with that.
If the number game pays off in corporate , OT might be a thing of the past

BuckyBadger

Maybe you could have asked about the union dues thingy , asked about union meetings, asked about stewards, gotten involved? Next time maybe mom and dad can handle it for you...???????!!!
I am not going to shoot back on you, sure I could have taken more responsibility...but I'm an adult. I got on browncafe after 4 months and figured things out. I was told by my stewie that we were in 705. Wrong. Oh well. When they can't find people to work, it will all sort itself out.

There's lots of people that aren't smart enough to do that, literally not smart enough. And the Union doesn't understand fighting for the lowest on the totem pole. And UPS doesn't care. But it's coming to their door this Christmas. This will be worse than two peaks ago.

Don't confuse "per hour" with "per man-hour". If UPS pays you $32 an hour it means they're paying you $8 per man hour and you're doing 4 hours worth of work in one hour. That's why routes have gone from 80-90 stops back in '04 to 150-200 stops in '18 and it's only going to climb the more your "hourly wage" is. Think about that before you start trotting out "$40 an hour" nonsense.
That’s bullsheet. We have been up with the pay scale for a long time. They jammed the trucks because of not enough package per stop volume and they wanted the package drivers to be left out so late that the drivers would beg for the overtime to stop that the union would go for a two wage scale driver system. The company didn’t think the members would vote the contract down!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who wants to work like a dog.... I don’t think these newbies should have a free ride but I wouldn’t want to try to qualify at today’s ups... it was bad enough to do it 20 years ago let along today...they work these guys and gals like slaves.

542thruNthru

Who wants to work like a dog.... I don’t think these newbies should have a free ride but I wouldn’t want to try to qualify at today’s ups... it was bad enough to do it 20 years ago let along today...they work these guys and gals like slaves.

Hey don't bring facts into this! Everyone knows that anyone from age 18-35 is a lazy good for nothing millennial!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This peak won't be the worse because here at CACH they are giving out $300 weekly bonuses to new hires.
Ask a feeder driver how much seasonal feeder drivers will be making and their bonus at the end if they are available all days that they Are asked to come in... it’s more than a regular feeder driver if you factor in the bonus

542thruNthru

I heard it’s really bad in SanDiego... kids just want to go surf all day and hang out in that trendy Gaslamp district at night....

San Diego is a :censored2: hole! These damn millennials are to soft! Crying about working 11 years as a PT loader just to go driving. Don't they realize our old entitled generation only had to wait a couple years to get a good paying FT job! They just don't know how hard it was to do 50 stops a day on paper! My hands hurt from all that writing.