It’s about to get real here in 705!

Foamer Pyle

Please strike. So UPS corporate can see that we don't need you drivers with the technology we have. Put maps in the diads and hire someone who appreciates making as much money as you people do. Your not satisfied with almost $40/hr?????? Go choke on your strike!
You couldn’t walk in my shoes for 30 minutes, much less a full week.

Foamer Pyle

Please strike. So UPS corporate can see that we don't need you drivers with the technology we have. Put maps in the diads and hire someone who appreciates making as much money as you people do. Your not satisfied with almost $40/hr?????? Go choke on your strike!
In case you haven’t tried their technology, it sucks. Orion has made this job so that no one on the outside would have an iceburgs chance in hell to run a route, even with map assistance. I can see them now, having to unload the rear of a car to dig out a package in the 8k section, if it’s even there. Most of us have enough area knowledge, that we don’t have to follow that crap. I delivered on paper back in the day, and sure as hell don’t need a technology that makes a job more difficult.

In case you haven’t tried their technology, it sucks. Orion has made this job so that no one on the outside would have an iceburgs chance in hell to run a route, even with map assistance. I can see them now, having to unload the rear of a car to dig out a package in the 8k section, if it’s even there. Most of us have enough area knowledge, that we don’t have to follow that crap. I delivered on paper back in the day, and sure as hell don’t need a technology that makes a job more difficult.
Orion is so 2017...I’m surprised you’re still using it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why would you want to move back to that crime ridden crap hole? That city is run by crooked Democrats.
You think California is run by a bunch of liberals..... Chicago is run by crooked democrats... ok big shot maybe you need to tell us all what state is good enough for you to live in so we all can put our two weeks notice in and move into this utopia that you have been enjoying for all this time...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You think California is run by a bunch of liberals..... Chicago is run by crooked democrats... ok big shot maybe you need to tell us all what state is good enough for you to live in so we all can put our two weeks notice in and move into this utopia that you have been enjoying for all this time...
Trump durp Dee durp pupr Dee durp .

Murica'!

Days

Literally any other state and you will be much happier.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Go choke on a corporate dong. Ga goop ga goop.

browned out

I asked this in another thread. Does anyone know where I can find the 2008-2013 UPS-Teamsters Local 705 complete agreement? Not the proposals or the highlights; the actual complete CBA.

SameRightsForAll

As a matter of fact, no I am not satisfied with $40/hour. We want more of the pie as there's plenty more to go around.

Don't confuse "per hour" with "per man-hour". If UPS pays you $32 an hour it means they're paying you $8 per man hour and you're doing 4 hours worth of work in one hour. That's why routes have gone from 80-90 stops back in '04 to 150-200 stops in '18 and it's only going to climb the more your "hourly wage" is. Think about that before you start trotting out "$40 an hour" nonsense.

browned out

I can try to find out Sunday IL ask at the meeting

Thanks. Our Local 243 supplement was voted down by a margin that requires it to be renegotiated. The hard working members of 243 in Metro Detroit voted it down for numerous reasons related to different articles. We have found language from other supplements that would easily fit and should absolutely be included in ours to protect the members. We understand that 705 and 710 do not have supplements because they are stand alone agreements. But there most likely is language that corresponds to some of the language we need changed. Thanks again.

vvv

Don't confuse "per hour" with "per man-hour". If UPS pays you $32 an hour it means they're paying you $8 per man hour and you're doing 4 hours worth of work in one hour. That's why routes have gone from 80-90 stops back in '04 to 150-200 stops in '18 and it's only going to climb the more your "hourly wage" is. Think about that before you start trotting out "$40 an hour" nonsense.

Not quite sure what you mean, maybe you are getting taken advantage of.

When I took my said route over years ago after the other driver retired it came back quite jammed of pickups.
When I got my hands on it they got upset with the volume getting back very late and having me run 3 hours over.
Now the most I usually pickup is perhaps 25 packages/envelopes, and the stop count delivery wise is not far off from what the previous driver was getting done.
Can only suggest having some tact and nuts and get your route straightened out if you are having trouble. I mean seriously dude......if you or "your friends" route went up DOUBLE in stop count you are certainly doing something WRONG and getting walked on.

All in all it at least gave me a laugh and I thank you for that. :)

Last edited: