It’s still just one step

Stat41

They rarely gave a crap about the plight of those who were dealing with a slow pay progression. Now they are screaming 'WHAT ABOUT US?" and expecting everyone else to care. Sucks to be them, but they'll get over it and like it.
I gave a "crap," I have been speaking out about this for years. Fair treatment and pay is the water that raises all ships. For me, theres nothing to get over. I have already accepted the fact about who I work for, ran the numbers and thought it out rationally, and have decided to stay and continue to work the plan I have had in place for years. I would not want to deprive Fedex of the opportunity to continue to pay me top pay, pay me 5 weeks of vacation per year, pay me 2 personals and 2 floaters, match my 401k contributions, and contribute many thousands to my pension account every year. Not to mention the amount of medical and dental insurance they are going to be paying out as I prepare to exit at the time of my choosing. Maybe even some short-term disability.

falcon back

It's a long drawn out process of mediation and strikes have to be authorized by the NMB. I guess you are not very knowledgeable about history.
So you are saying the pilots NEVER threatened job actions including the possibility of a strike in 1998. Fred played hardball and they backed down. I guess you really are trying to rewrite history.

Aquaman

FedEx employees can unionize, it just has to be a cross-country vote, not a local one.

Question is, are you pissed off enough to make that happen…
We could unionize with an impossible nationwide yes vote, but it wouldn’t be worth it. We don’t have the bargaining power that UPS drivers have. They deliver ALL the companies freight. We deliver a portion of it. FedEx Corporation already has a massive branch of drivers that aren’t even employees... it’s called ground lol. We’d go on strike and they’d just find a way to shift our freight to Ground and Freight temporarily.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We could unionize with an impossible nationwide yes vote, but it wouldn’t be worth it. We don’t have the bargaining power that UPS drivers have. They deliver ALL the companies freight. We deliver a portion of it. FedEx Corporation already has a massive branch of drivers that aren’t even employees... it’s called ground lol. We’d go on strike and they’d just find a way to shift our freight to Ground and Freight temporarily.
Give all the Express freight to Ground in the event of a strike? Better order tarps by the boatload then.

Aquaman

Give all the Express freight to Ground in the event of a strike? Better order tarps by the boatload then.
Well I don’t think they could take all our freight. But having an option to get some of it delivered is more than what UPS has lol. Their drivers have much more bargaining power.

MAKAVELI

UPS has PDV’s and 22/5’s that are not union.
The only UPS drivers that are non-union are the PVDs and seasonals. Not enough of them to replace the drivers if they go on strike. Not to mention PVDs use their personal vehicles which can't hold very much packages. Lol

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The only UPS drivers that are non-union are the PVDs and seasonals. Not enough of them to replace the drivers if they go on strike. Not to mention PVDs use their personal vehicles which can't hold very much packages. Lol
UPS drivers complain on this site that the 22.5’s aren’t joining the union.

And Ground doesn’t have enough drivers to replace express couriers , either.

MAKAVELI

UPS drivers complain on this site that the 22.5’s aren’t joining the union.

And Ground doesn’t have enough drivers to replace express couriers , either.
In RTW states, they have a choice to join or not. I'm not sure how that works out during a strike but I know they'd be a scab for crossing a picket line regardless.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Believe they are 22.4 not 22.5. An RPCD in a RTW state is also not required to join the union as well
I understand the reasoning behind not joining, but you'll get no more than the absolute minimum representation if you ever need anything.

SmithBarney

They rarely gave a crap about the plight of those who were dealing with a slow pay progression. Now they are screaming 'WHAT ABOUT US?" and expecting everyone else to care. Sucks to be them, but they'll get over it and like it.
This I agree with, years of a flat percentage say %2, and the top kept getting farther and farther away... I still say bring back the reviews...

whenIgetthere

Our swings, and several couriers, clock in whenever they wish, and go into Misc. building code. (I'm retired and don't remember the exact codes). Anything they can do that's not ONROAD is overlooked.
Clocked in early a couple of months ago, because manager told me I needed to search for a certain rental among dozens. Did a code 39, and it was brought to my attention I should have gone into 48 instead!