It ain’t over

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
So in other words, UPS had the opportunity to look over the IBT Constitution and gicg feedback and input. I just debated a fee others on this very subject in my other thread. Nice. Members are acting as if there not two parties involved. Hilarious.

What is exactly right here? Past practice? If you did something wrong the past, should you do it wrong again?

In a recent experience I had with a board president, I fought a bylaw that he was clearly violating. He used past practice as a defense. What prevailed was getting it right. Not doing it wrong again, because we did it wrong in the past.

Seriously? Your IQ is as low as DT. So since half your state doesn’t vote for governor and your person loses 55-45 they actually win? Smart guy you are lol!
Electing people are different than yes/no votes. For example: voting on bonds. For a jail we only need one more yes vote than no votes and it passes. But for schools, we need a 3/5 majority vote or 60% yes to pass.

Time for change

Electing people are different than yes/no votes. For example: voting on bonds. For a jail we only need one more yes vote than no votes and it passes. But for schools, we need a 3/5 majority vote or 60% yes to pass.
Not the logic Big Union Thug was using. They didn’t have to do this, they could have done the right thing and been honest. It wasn’t a final offer and they could have easily respected the convincing and historic no vote and go back to the table. Low IQ and anti-member people like Bug the Thug and DT obviously thought otherwise.

oldupsman

So, the Union should capitulate to the demands of the minority ?

Bug you know how much I respect you. Here's my answer to that. You're hiding behind numbers.
I'm sure you read my post somewhere about this. The people who VOTED are the ones who care. The people who VOTED
are the ones who count. The people who VOTED are not the minority.

Now we can argue numbers all day when it comes to total numbers and those who voted. Yes, you're right. But as far as I'm concerned
those who didn't VOTE, don't count. They don't like the outcome they should have VOTED. You're telling the people who
VOTED, the ones who really care about the union, bleep you.

bowhnterdon

Bug you know how much I respect you. Here's my answer to that. You're hiding behind numbers.
I'm sure you read my post somewhere about this. The people who VOTED are the ones who care. The people who VOTED

Now we can argue numbers all day when it comes to total numbers and those who voted. Yes, you're right. But as far as I'm concerned
those who didn't VOTE, don't count. They don't like the outcome they should have VOTED. You're telling the people who
And now there be less that care. I am in a RTW, people asking for withdrawal cards are increasing every day

Time for change

It was a phenomenal turnout especially given historical context. Imagine if table was turned and members overwhelmingly voted no and “leadership” decided to strike because 50% didn’t vote. A good chunk of brand new part timers barely understand they are in a union or what it means. We have had paid union people outside front entrance telling new hires who to vote for in state elections, but not once about the contract. Our dues money is being wasted, our voice not heard. You reap what you sow, the RTW wave is going to make the IBT pay for their transgressions.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What is exactly right here? Past practice? If you did something wrong the past, should you do it wrong again?

In a recent experience I had with a board president, I fought a bylaw that he was clearly violating. He used past practice as a defense. What prevailed was getting it right. Not doing it wrong again, because we did it wrong in the past.

He kept leaving his trash cans out by the
curb for days on end

SameRightsForAll

Not voting on something only means you didn’t vote on something. Not that you endorse the issue at hand.

And the ease of the voting process doesn’t really have anything to do with what leadership should do now anyway.

With a 2/3 rule, "not voting" is like voting 1.5 to 2 times to approve the contract. The irony of it all is that this rule is supposed to make us trust that the IBT has done the right thing; therefore, we shouldn't have a fair shot at opposing it.

drifter

If people remember, the first thing the IBT did before contract negotiations

started was send UPS a copy of the IBT constitution. And they can read.

What were the other options ?

Call a strike.... when you have the potential for 120,000 non-voters cross

the picket line ? No one is to blame but the members.

Blame Ron Carey and TDU, for putting the 50% 2/3 language in the constitution.

-Bug-
Ron Carey o
If people remember, the first thing the IBT did before contract negotiations

started was send UPS a copy of the IBT constitution. And they can read.

What were the other options ?

Call a strike.... when you have the potential for 120,000 non-voters cross

the picket line ? No one is to blame but the members.

Blame Ron Carey and TDU, for putting the 50% 2/3 language in the constitution.

-Bug-
Ron Carey or TDU didn’t put that language in the Constitution but you already know that