It ain’t over

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If the 23% strike authorization voter turnout number I read is correct, roughly 48,000 Teamster's voted "overwhelmingly" to authorize a strike for the entire membership. Yet, when 50,248 members vote no, our leaders and their shills on this board are adamant that the turnout was too low and their hand is forced to accept the contract.

It's seems moronic and indefensible to me that 48,000 can authorize membership to potentially strike, but 50,248 isn't enough votes to force more negotiations because it could potentially cause us to strike or be locked out.

browned out

And now there be less that care. I am in a RTW, people asking for withdrawal cards are increasing every day

It pains me to say so; but they should opt out. This is a company controlled union. OPT BACK IN when the union works like it should....for the members....NOT for UPS.

The Hoffa/Taylor/UPS company team would not even answer NUMEROUS simple questions regarding major changes in terms of employment, working conditions and wages. Most would expect misinformation or disinformation from UPS...but not from the union. WHY would you pay someone who will not answer simple questions that have a major impact on your working conditions, wages, rights, etc. for at least the next 5 years?

Your vote did not matter. Why would you pay someone to TAKE $, benefits and rights from your co-workers and you?

It's an abomination. The Hoffa/Taylor Teamsters ABSOLUTELY knew the voter turn out would be less than 50%. The Hoffa/Taylor Teamsters also had no reason to believe the National Vote would be voted down by a 2/3 NO vote.

Members could have looked up the Teamster Constitution online......but why would they?........OR perhaps the Teamsters could have informed the membership of these thresholds on their multiple mailings, conference calls, app updates, or website to the members.

FOR SOME REASON; THE TEAMSTERS WERE ABLE TO INCLUDE IN EVERY MAILING, APP, WEBSITE, AND CONFERENCE CALL; ETC............IF YOU VOTE NO YOU RISK A WORK STOPPAGE....but no mention of the thresholds. Why the friend not? WE KNOW WHY. COMPANY CONTROLLED UNION WTF?

OPT OUT if you can.

THIS IS NO LONGER A UNION. THESE ARE CRIMINALS. SOME LOCALS ARE SOLID BUT THE VAST MAJORITY ARE GARBAGE. AND PEOPLE DIED FOR THIS....How the Ford Motor Company Won a Battle and Lost Ground | History | Smithsonian

I am 100% FOR unions that DO THEIR JOB. THE HOFFA TEAMSTERS UNION NEEDS TO BE TORN DOWN AND BUILT BACK UP.

Last edited:

Time for change

Most illogical post I've seen in a long time. Anyone who quits the union can't vote in union elections. So if all the crusaders that want to build the Teamsters BACK UP AGAIN quit, how will that happen?
If they have no money because nobody is paying dues, they are forced to change or they die out completely. Not rocket science.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Most illogical post I've seen in a long time. Anyone who quits the union can't vote in union elections. So if all the crusaders that want to build the Teamsters BACK UP AGAIN quit, how will that happen?

HEY :censored2:, YOUR VOTE DOES NOT MATTER, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!

llamainmypocket

Quitting the union won't change one word of this CBA. Only ones hurt by quitting will be members.
You want new leaders, you need to vote. Not rocket science.

I am going to stay in the union. But I see a lot of people wanting to withdraw for lack of representation during the election while the union has given them great pay, fully paid benefits, and job security. Then I ask myself what have they done for part timers? I find myself wondering why I'm continuing to pay these guys.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Paying dues right now is throwing good money after bad, IMO. This election has shown me that my vote doesn't really count and my personal belief is that hitting them in the bank account is the only way to force real change. My $1000 a year won't make a dent but if a significant number agree with me, time will tell.

In my short, non-illustrious career at UPS I've paid roughly $7,000 to be represented by an organization that has forced me through 2 tier part-time wages, a horrible 4 year full-time progression and absolutely disregarded my vote and the majority of voters in this election. Any idea why I feel underrepresented?

After this fiasco and the paltry raises the Teamster's negotiated for freight do you really believe they are going to unionize companies who can bring any real revenue into their coffers? No. If we as employees from their one and only gravy train start bailing after this cluster:censored2:, they will start to pucker a bit, or at least that's what I hope.

It pains me to say so; but they should opt out. This is a company controlled union. OPT BACK IN when the union works like it should....for the members....NOT for UPS.

To be clear, you mean after those of us who have a backbone stick around here and suck up the hard times, stay involved and force changes to make this work like it should, then you'll come back? What a bag of :censored2:.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you are saying I should withdraw and then opt back in at election time.

Good idea.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
To be clear, you mean after those of us who have a backbone stick around here and suck up the hard times, stay involved and force changes to make this work like it should, then you'll come back? What a bag of :censored2:.

Let's hear your plan to force changes? Those of us planning to withdraw are trying to make changes happen by hurting then fiscally.

I'm open to other suggestions to enact real change. If you plan is to organize and vote in new leadership why do you think that will work? Membership has already show they are too lazy to even vote for their financial interests, do you really think they will vote to change leadership when they probably won't vote in the next election anyway?

We somehow need to make the votes that are cast count!

Let's hear your plan to force changes? Those of us planning to withdraw are trying to make changes happen by hurting then fiscally.

I'm open to other suggestions to enact real change. If you plan is to organize and vote in new leadership why do you think that will work? Membership has already show they are too lazy to even vote for their financial interests, do you really think they will vote to change leadership when they probably won't vote in the next election anyway?

We somehow need to make the votes that are cast count!

Elections are simple majority, and having the lazy/uninformed/apathetic not vote actually helps the cause. The remaining outraged Teamsters will again have the louder voice, just as we did in the ratification vote, but it is far more straight forward. :-)censored: Canada)

Your plan to "hurt them fiscally" sounds really good, in theory, but what does a few thousand dropouts really accomplish? You know that will be the real number, right? A small percentage of the big talkers are actually going to go through with it.

Stay active, stay angry, educate and motivate others, reignite the Teamster fire that made us great, that's the only way to make change, brother. Rate this optimistic, creative, or whatever, but at the end of the day, this is how we change it, with or without you.

Inthegame

Stay active, stay angry, educate and motivate others, reignite the Teamster fire that made us great, that's the only way to make change, brother. Rate this optimistic, creative, or whatever, but at the end of the day, this is how we change it, with or without you.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

― Margaret Mead

Time for change

Elections are simple majority, and having the lazy/uninformed/apathetic not vote actually helps the cause. The remaining outraged Teamsters will again have the louder voice, just as we did in the ratification vote, but it is far more straight forward. :-)censored2: Canada)

Your plan to "hurt them fiscally" sounds really good, in theory, but what does a few thousand dropouts really accomplish? You know that will be the real number, right? A small percentage of the big talkers are actually going to go through with it.

I think you are underestimating the drop in union numbers across the country. The RTW wave is real and absolutely is causing unions to take notice. Thousands of UPS employees not paying dues will absolutely hurt. Thousands already have and thousands more will. There is good reason unions are pushing harder for state elections in RTW states than they did to get us to vote in this contract vote. And more than anything, it’s a principle of not paying a corrupt organization that ignores the will of it’s members.