It ain’t over

I think you are underestimating the drop in union numbers across the country. The RTW wave is real and absolutely is causing unions to take notice. Thousands of UPS employees not paying dues will absolutely hurt. Thousands already have and thousands more will. There is good reason unions are pushing harder for state elections in RTW states than they did to get us to vote in this contract vote. And more than anything, it’s a principle of not paying a corrupt organization that ignores the will of it’s members.

I think you are overestimating the drop, and I think you are significantly overestimating your result. You silence yourself, then will want to rant about how those with a voice decide your future and dictate your workplace. If you choose to withdraw your own voice, I only ask that you stay silent.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Thousands of UPS employees not paying dues will absolutely hurt.

As long as they understand the relationship between "cause and effect".

Less money, means less representation.

And people that think not being a dues paying members, are going to receive

the same level of representation as the ones that are.... well, good luck.

Time for change

I think you are overestimating the drop, and I think you are significantly overestimating your result. You silence yourself, then will want to rant about how those with a voice decide your future and dictate your workplace. If you choose to withdraw your own voice, I only ask that you stay silent.

I will not stay silent, just the opposite.

Time for change

As long as they understand the relationship between "cause and effect".

Less money, means less representation.

And people that think not being a dues paying members, are going to receive

the same level of representation as the ones that are.... well, good luck.
For those of us that have never even had a warning letter....yea not too worried about it. Do your job and do it well, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
For those of us that have never even had a warning letter....yea not too worried about it. Do your job and do it well, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

You might want to tell all these other members that.

In one year, I went to over 300 local level hearings with part-timers

just for attendance alone....

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Your plan to "hurt them fiscally" sounds really good, in theory, but what does a few thousand dropouts really accomplish? You know that will be the real number, right? A small percentage of the big talkers are actually going to go through with it.

I am realistic. For my plan to work it would probably take 20-30k members leaving the union over the next year.
I know our secretary/treasurer has been kept busy looking up withdrawal windows for members. Will people follow through, no idea, but I haven't heard anyone in our building fault the guys talking about getting out which should scare the hell out of the union.

How many Teamster's do you think have Columbus day as a negotiated holiday? Our leadership does. We're lucky to get 2% raises yet my local seems to average 6-7% per year and has for over a decade. These are things that will eventually force change, or at least I hope they will.

Inthegame

I am realistic. For my plan to work it would probably take 20-30k members leaving the union over the next year.
I know our secretary/treasurer has been kept busy looking up withdrawal windows for members. Will people follow through, no idea, but I haven't heard anyone in our building fault the guys talking about getting out which should scare the hell out of the union.

How many Teamster's do you think have Columbus day as a negotiated holiday? Our leadership does. We're lucky to get 2% raises yet my local seems to average 6-7% per year and has for over a decade. These are things that will eventually force change, or at least I hope they will.
But you're not being realistic. If you withdraw, you can't vote your local officials out. How does that produce the change you seek?
I highly doubt your 6-7% yearly increases.

Not bitching, I will educate others on why they should not contribute to a corrupt organization that ignores the will of the majority of members. I will not be silenced by union bully thugs.
Congratulations, you can become famous, the infamous union buster. By the way, this is not will of the MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS. At least be accurate and truthful please.

Time for change

Congratulations, you can become famous, the infamous union buster. By the way, this is not will of the MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS. At least be accurate and truthful please.
Excuse me? You can only accurately gauge the will of those who voted! You can twist that all you want but a nearly 10 % point difference is huge and undoubtedly the will of the members.

Excuse me? You can only accurately gauge the will of those who voted! You can twist that all you want but a nearly 10 % point difference is huge and undoubtedly the will of the members.
You said THE MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS. That is factually untrue. Therefore you are not excused. :wink2: But keep on your union busting crusade.

Time for change

You said THE MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS. That is factually untrue. Therefore you are not excused. :wink2: But keep on your union busting crusade.
When people talk about the will of the American people it’s those that vote. You’re uneducated and ignorant, and I wouldn’t expect you to comprehend such basic principles. I absolutely want to bust THIS union. I’d take the pain of decertifying in a heartbeat, but since some cowards are scared, those of us with a spine will do it without you.

When people talk about the will of the American people it’s those that vote. You’re uneducated and ignorant, and I wouldn’t expect you to comprehend such basic principles. I absolutely want to bust THIS union. I’d take the pain of decertifying in a heartbeat, but since some cowards are scared, those of us with a spine will do it without you.
What are your county/state rules for passing a bond measure? All I’m saying is, don’t rally the troops to bust the union because you don’t like Hoffa or his actions. Institutions can last forever, people do not.

Last edited: