It ain’t over

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For those of us that have never even had a warning letter....yea not too worried about it. Do your job and do it well, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

You're not too worried. I get it.

I guess you don't care about your fellow Teamster who may not be as squeaking clean as you. Who maybe can't do their job as good as you.

Also, without a strong, financially sound Union, good luck on our next contract.

We all may be making $25/hr.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You're not too worried. I get it.

I guess you don't care about your fellow Teamster who may not be as squeaking clean as you. Who maybe can't do their job as good as you.

Also, without a strong, financially sound Union, good luck on our next contract.

We all may be making $25/hr.

If that's what they negotiate for us, that's what we'll make... That's already been proven.

Part-time employees will still be behind in wages, they'll be thrown enough of a bone to stay out of the vote.

30+ year employees will be thrown a pension increase and will vote mostly yes.

22.4 will earn a slight wage catch up to the rest of us, a little OT abuse protection and the hope of somehow being able to get on a M-friend schedule at some point in their life, so they either vote yes or abstain from voting.

The rest of us will be along for the ride, hope for a 2% raise and be told they did a great job negotiating the 22.4 percentage at a new, higher percentage around 40%, (the company wanted 50% but our bargaining unit delivered for us again)!

For those of us that have never even had a warning letter....yea not too worried about it. Do your job and do it well, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Squeaky clean or not. It only takes one sup to start a paper trail on you. Nobody is perfect. You could become a new sups pet project one day.

If that's what they negotiate for us, that's what we'll make... That's already been proven.

Part-time employees will still be behind in wages, they'll be thrown enough of a bone to stay out of the vote.

30+ year employees will be thrown a pension increase and will vote mostly yes.

22.4 will earn a slight wage catch up to the rest of us, a little OT abuse protection and the hope of somehow being able to get on a M-friend schedule at some point in their life, so they either vote yes or abstain from voting.

The rest of us will be along for the ride, hope for a 2% raise and be told they did a great job negotiating the 22.4 percentage at a new, higher percentage around 40%, (the company wanted 50% but our bargaining unit delivered for us again)!
You prefer $15 an hour PVDs, I get it. What I don’t get, is how a pension increase doesn’t help the young employees. It has helped myself and all my coworkers greatly over the last 25 years. At some point a 2% raise will be $2. Good luck getting $2 annual wage increases.

Well didn't Hoffa just force a contract that doesn't stop them from using PVDs?
There is a clause that says something to the effect. No personal vehicle delivery. People have already forgotten about PVDs. The UPS delivery model is/has become the minority in the delivery business.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You prefer $15 an hour PVDs, I get it. What I don’t get, is how a pension increase doesn’t help the young employees. It has helped myself and all my coworkers greatly over the last 25 years. At some point a 2% raise will be $2. Good luck getting $2 annual wage increases.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with a pension increase, I simply stated it would be enough to make the older members content. when speaking to other feeder drivers about this contract I heard numerous times they weren't concerned because they would be retiring soon anyways.

I don't understand your comment about the 2% equaling a $2 annual wage increase. That would be like a .00002% wage increase

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Well didn't Hoffa just force a contract that doesn't stop them from using PVDs?

This is how they feel about us.

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg

over9five

Staff member
There is a clause that says something to the effect. No personal vehicle delivery. People have already forgotten about PVDs. The UPS delivery model is/has become the minority in the delivery business.
I believe it says "No one will be FORCED to use their personal vehicle".

I didn't say there was anything wrong with a pension increase, I simply stated it would be enough to make the older members content. when speaking to other feeder drivers about this contract I heard numerous times they weren't concerned because they would be retiring soon anyways.

I don't understand your comment about the 2% equaling a $2 annual wage increase. That would be like a .00002% wage increase
Today a $2 raise is about 5.4%. As wages increase, that $2 will become a smaller percentage. And eventually less than a 2% increase. I don’t see $2 annual increases easily obtainable in the future.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Today a $2 raise is about 5.4%. As wages increase, that $2 will become a smaller percentage. And eventually less than a 2% increase. I don’t see $2 annual increases easily obtainable in the future.
Because you can't count that high?
Or because inflation Is a concept that just completely blows your mind?

I believe it says "No one will be FORCED to use their personal vehicle".
So do you believe that if they advertised a PVD job and someone applied that would be VOLUNTARY? Therefore we’ll within the scope of the contract. Do you have that language?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So do you believe that if they advertised a PVD job and someone applied that would be VOLUNTARY? Therefore we’ll within the scope of the contract. Do you have that language?
Article 26
No package car driver shall be forced to use his or her personal vehicle to deliver packages.

Since you are a yes voter, you prefer $15 an hour PVDs, I get it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Paying dues right now is throwing good money after bad, IMO. This election has shown me that my vote doesn't really count and my personal belief is that hitting them in the bank account is the only way to force real change. My $1000 a year won't make a dent but if a significant number agree with me, time will tell.

In my short, non-illustrious career at UPS I've paid roughly $7,000 to be represented by an organization that has forced me through 2 tier part-time wages, a horrible 4 year full-time progression and absolutely disregarded my vote and the majority of voters in this election. Any idea why I feel underrepresented?

After this fiasco and the paltry raises the Teamster's negotiated for freight do you really believe they are going to unionize companies who can bring any real revenue into their coffers? No. If we as employees from their one and only gravy train start bailing after this cluster:censored2:, they will start to pucker a bit, or at least that's what I hope.
How long have you been incarcerated at ups??? Thought you were like a 20+ year employee???