It Always Strikes Me As Odd...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
...that people come to Brown Cafe to ask some questions that would be better off asked elsewhere. For instance:

Payroll issues

"I just received a termination letter because I [did this]. Will I get my job back?"

"I got into an accident. Will I lose my job?"

"Can somebody with more seniority bump me from my position?"

"I'm think I'm owed pension money. How do I get it?"

"Do we work tomorrow?" (when it's a holiday-- one of my favorites)

I mean, you found Brown Cafe, yet you don't know how to find your shop steward? Or the pension office? Or the health benefits trust? HR? The Master and Supplemental Contract Agreement?

*shrugs my shoulders and logs back out*
AA5BF9F0-9E6C-4ED3-B3FA-C7D6B4E7E658.gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You sound tense monkeybutt.
Upset Bonnaroo got rained out?
I was suppose to go work that festival but I backed out.
Three of my best festy friends got there and got stuck in a mud bath for 3 days before they could get towed out.
I was suppose to work The Pilgrimage Festival in Nashville this weekend but my wife found out her sister has cancer, so I stayed home to be with her.
I think I will just stick with attending festivals.
I did work Summer Camp south of Chicago in August ... hot!
Passed out from heat exhaustion and wound up in the festival hospital.
Pumped fluids in me and was released just in time to see moe.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was suppose to go work that festival but I backed out.
Three of my best festy friends got there and got stuck in a mud bath for 3 days before they could get towed out.
I was suppose to work The Pilgrimage Festival in Nashville this weekend but my wife found out her sister has cancer, so I stayed home to be with her.
I think I will just stick with attending festivals.
I did work Summer Camp south of Chicago in August ... hot!
Passed out from heat exhaustion and wound up in the festival hospital.
Pumped fluids in me and was released just in time to see moe.
Well that sucks.
Pilgrimage is a good one.
More family friendly, not a cesspool of hedonism like you hippies usually go to. Try again next year.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Well that sucks.
Pilgrimage is a good one.
More family friendly, not a cesspool of hedonism like you hippies usually go to. Try again next year.
Actually, my next two festivals are Little Big Jam and Suwannee Roots which are very family friendly.
The next two festivals after that, Reggae Rise Up and Suwannee Hulaween are not PG rated.

Whereistheunion

...that people come to Brown Cafe to ask some questions that would be better off asked elsewhere. For instance:

Payroll issues

"I just received a termination letter because I [did this]. Will I get my job back?"

I mean, you found Brown Cafe, yet you don't know how to find your shop steward? Or the pension office? Or the health benefits trust? HR? The Master and Supplemental Contract Agreement?

It's a online forum for UPSERS to speak openly and freely about issues in the workplace. No harm No foul, it's better to get answers from people whom works for UPS in some capacity. I'm sure the new CEO is taking notes from this page. HAZARD PAY PLEASE OR HAZARD BONUS please. Signing bonus or HAZARD bonus aka Signing bonus. I'm done 🙂

Integrity

Binge Poster

Payroll issues

@Captain Qwark,

And your point?

You seem like you posted this for reasons other than discussion.
Care to enlighten me?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Back On topic.
I used to get answers and help here that I could not get at my building. And from what I hear, there is literally no HR anymore. And how can you be on the phone getting answers when you work from 9 to whatever? Pension help is best through email. Medical benefits help..is a toss up. Takes time on phone. And they are there from 9 to 5, so you use a break and are on hold and there goes your break and no answer.
As for termination, you will get far more opinions here than from your steward, or union. Yes the local is important, but this is a wider forum than your local. I was never terminated, but if I had been where would be better to ask about if anyone else ever experienced? Too much knowledge is never bad when your butt is on the line. Some of us, you old timers do not remember what it was like to be new.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It is true that there are some breakthrough cases reported. For the most part the symptoms are milder. Better safe than sorry.
No way to substantiate the claim of milder symptoms. For every boob that gets sick with the vax and has mild symptoms, there’s a person that was never vaxed and got either no symptoms or mild ones. Nice try